Age Difference (Mind the Gap)

zeitgeist

I recently met a Thai girl who has made it obvious she would like a realtionship with me. She is 19, I am 32.

I've got to a point in my life where settling down and starting a family would be no bad thing, surely I'm too young (and poor :content: ) to be considered a sugar daddy????? But too old to be seen as her peer.

What age gap would you consider for a serious relationship?

I'm sure this has been discussed endlessly on here but just looking for opinions.

Cheers

It depends on the girl, but still, you've got to doubt your chances of a real relationship with a 19 yo. A mid to late 20 yo will probably be a better prospect but then again maybe not. Bottom line is it's always going to be difficult with someone from another culture, no matter what their age.

• 4 weeks later...

OK. The half my age + 7 rule was fine when I got married. We were almost spot on. My wife was 2 years too old going by the formula.

Having been together 10 years, she is now 8 years too old by the formula. Holy Cow!

Is it time to trade her in for a younger model?

Does the formula assume we trade in every few years? Does it just work for picking your mate and you don't need to worry about the age gap after that?

Confused and disturbed.......

May have to give her notice tonight...

Archived