Looking for a rooommate...

LizardKing

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Luck.

Many decades ago when I got out of the miltary, I and some friends got an apartment together. There were 5 of us that paid/split rent - only 3 actually lived there.

Although we are all friendly today - it was a clusterf*ch at the time.

No one would clean the place - even though we were supposed to take turns. Dirty dishes in sink. One guy brought home a canary bird (in cage) and placed/hung the cage near the kitchen sink. Well, the bird seed ended up in the sink at one point - and well, we had grass/shrubs,bushes/plants - growing in the kitchen sink - amongst the dirty dishes.

Trash goes out every Monday morning. And we would take turns taking down the 3 flight of stairs. Well, one mate missed his turn. Then the next refused to take "his" trash nor any trash downstairs, then the next refused to take the first mates, 2nd mates, trash downstairs - and well - we ended up with 23 very large trash bags in the kitchen.

Then the old refrigerator. Not a frost free. One lad decided to "defrost" the refrigerator with an ice pick/screwdriver. Well - the end of that refrigerator. And try carrying down an old refigerator 3 flights of stairs.

One mate was a vegitarian - and would cook all sorts of vegitables - with spices. Another roomate came in and stated that the place "stunk" and proceeded to take all the veggies on the stove - and threw them out the window - WITH the pots included - and we only had a few pots to begin with.

There's more but . . . .

...I would describe LK as a jovial personality and easy going; a grommet, gourmand, and off time hedonist with a fondness for good libation and cheroot.

A grommet?!

grom·met (grmt) also grum·met (grm-) n.

a. A reinforced eyelet, as in cloth or leather, through which a fastener may be passed.

b. A small metal or plastic ring used to reinforce such an eyelet.

2. Nautical A loop of rope or metal used for securing the edge of a sail to its stay.

:shocked:

Archived