Good Value Dining in Pattaya

robaus

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Ananya Condo, but I've had only good meals at Mum Aroi, the two or three times I've been there. Their Tom Yum with Garlic soup was absolutely delicious.

Having said that, perhaps they have gone downhill (I haven't been in years, preferring to go to much cheaper places outside Pattaya), or maybe they had an off night when you were there.

I have been to Moom Aroi many times. The food has always been excellent and I would highly recommend it. As Expat said, other places outside Pattaya are cheaper but for the variety and quality of food Moom Aroi can't be beaten. The only negative is the location, a few kilometers North of Pattaya so its best if you have own transport.

Yeah, I've passed Swiss House many a time and it's very popular. Where is Deutsches? Koh I Noor, sounds familiar.

Expat, Deutsches is on Beach road, near Soi 6,

Koh I Noor is worth checking out, so is Swiss House.

I like The Little Wonder cafe in the arcade next to Kiss Restaurant. Basic British greasy spoon with decent prices, but is also the only place in town (probably the only place in Thailand) where you can get authentic pie, mash and liquor. :applause: Probably only the cockneys on the board will know about that.

If they serve jellied eels then I am in heaven :)

I have been to Moom Aroi many times. The food has always been excellent and I would highly recommend it. As Expat said, other places outside Pattaya are cheaper but for the variety and quality of food Moom Aroi can't be beaten. The only negative is the location, a few kilometers North of Pattaya so its best if you have own transport.

We're obviously of different opinions on Moom Aroi, I used to go there reguarly but the food quality has gone downhill on the last couple of occasions, prices have gone up too.

Also, I think they have two locations now, one on third road by hollywood (or excite, always get them mixed up) and another further out of town. I know this as I had to meet someone and ended up at the wrong place.

I like Rosie O'Gradys for a good breakfast, I think its these guys who do the superman breakfast which means I dont have to eat for the rest of the day :)

There used to be a great place next to the crazy golf course at the end of Pattaya Garn, I cant remember the name of it but I believe it was German, sadly I think they have closed down now but the steaks were fantastic.

If you are really on a budget, Tops isn't bad for basic food.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tex Mex buffet on Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4 pm or so is ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY BRILLIANT. 250 baht out the door gets you all you can eat, including decent barbecued ribs, build-your-own tacos, several kinds of chili (the Texas chili, chunks of excellent beef in a great sauce, is as good as any chili I've had in or out of Thailand), tons of condiments and chips and tortillas (jalapenos, cheese, potato salad, salsa, etc.). Today they also had nice beef meatballs. In addition, they have thin sliced cold roast beef that is very tasty and tender. Put some slices on the tomato and onion salad with vinegar basil dressing and you're in heaven. I cannot recommend this place highly enough if you like the above type food--a great value and awesome food.

Location: Beefeater restaurant in the Soi Diana Inn Arcade. I have a feeling their other food is very nice as well as they always seem to have customers, but it's a bit pricey to me (though reasonable to many people I'm sure. :D ).

Archived