McDonald's Server Scam or Mistake? An Anecdote.

expat

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Certainly there are crooks.

But my guess is most can't count correctly.

As I noted during my work at McDonalds and other companies I have never seen a 100% matching teller. And this was in the Netherlands. There were always a few cents/guilders short or over. Sometimes things go so fast that mistakes are bound to be made.

W

I can only recall this happening to me once in Thailand - in about 1976! Maybe conversing with them in passable Thai makes a difference. :dunno:

Maybe you don't pay an 135 baht tab with a 1000 baht note! Hard to short change if you pay with 10 baht notes. :p

Any visit I've made to McD's has been to the one opposite Patpong and almost always in the early hours of the morning, so the chances are that if I had been short changed I would never have noticed anyway. :drunk:

One time I did get short changed was at the exchange to the left of the Silom entrance to Patpong 1. I changed some dollars, can't remember how much, and didn't count the Baht until I got to the Tavern Bar, where I discovered that I was 1K short. I knew it was pretty pointless going back to the exchange as they always insist that you count the money there, however I did and told the teller that even though I hadn't counted the money in front of her I was still going to make a complaint. She didn't argue and just gave me the 1K!

• 3 weeks later...

Because health food can become boring after your 593457th plate of rice .....

I can go in a whole temper tantrum over this remark, but I'll (try to) keep it short.

Even when I was living in the Netherlands I wouldn't only eat "Dutch" food. I would like to mix things up. And I am certainly no health food eater!

I like a "diet" that consists of a variety of foods. Every day something different preferably 3 times a day. And yes McD's is part of that! Thai food is a daily part of it. But never 3 times a day.

W

Archived