Thai throttling of p2p downloads?

Palatkik

Anyone notice that torrents are not downloading at any usable rate this week? I've had trouble with TOT and True ISP's. Cannot download anything above 5kbps since Tues.

Speednet tests showing network is normal and everything else running fine.

Any ideas?

NG what is their policy? Sometimes in the past I had the same problems as described above. And sometimes they simply fly in at max speed (I have 5 mbps). Unfortunately up is still only 256 kbps so my share ratios take a long time to get even :\

W

• 3 weeks later...

Same with TT&T (MaxNet in Pattaya)...

D/L speeds have varied the last month or two.

Sometimes, with my 3/1mb-U/D connection, I'll get a mere 5-25 kBs D/L speed; other times 250-325 kBs, regardless of the number of seeds.

Yet, prior to the last month I'd usually get 400-450-kBs when connected with a decent amount of peers. Yep, I think they are limiting P2P D/L's.

The rest of the basic True package is great at 599THB. I even seem to be getting 5mbps D/L if speedtest.net is to be believed.

Guess need to find a good VPN for SE Asia is current task in hand? The one I have based in CA is maxing out at only 1.5mbps and p2p downloads at about 350kbps.

Hi,

Well if they are throttling it doesn't apply to local peers. Downloading at 475Kb/s now on a 4Mbit connection. All speed coming from Thai peers though.

Having said that my web browsing sucks big time at the moment. Huge problems connecting to sites, often have to reload several times before a page will fully load. Problem seems to be linked to finding domains though, so perhaps a DNS issue. Fuck knows where the problem is though, my end or True's?

Sanuk!

Archived