Stuck in a rut... What to do?

incognito

JMHO

Move on.

Speaking as one who has done the "honourable thing" and stuck by miwimee for the last 16 years through all sorts of crap with no sex or affection, move on or stay in the rut like me.

Sorry to be so negative.

Coss

:yeahthat:

I also wasted 13 years trying to do the "right thing" in a shitty marriage it ended badly anyway. My ex had all the excuses depressed, bad health, stress from the kids…. blah blah blah. Turns out she was just a BITCH and I should have left her 2 years into the marriage instead of 13 with my dignity in tack and a lot more of MY money in my pocket!

Sorry to be so harsh but don’t waste your life trying to save something that’s not there.

S1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to agree with God. Not kidding.

But I do. Maybe it isn't normal for people to be together 'forever.' Maybe, that concept is an anomaly or for people too old to really live. You had a good run. Appreciate that. Don't prolong the agony. Go experience single life for awhile, while you can.

I stayed with the wrong person for two years out of guilt, and was saved by a fluke. In retrospect....

Good luck dude.

The only thing I might add is that clinical depression is a real illness, and to pretend you can treat it with "jogging" or lingere is just silly.

Before you give up on her, insist she sees a psychiatrist (not a psychologist) and see if meds will help.

Otherwise, I'd bail.

thanks for the advice lads, yep she does need to address her issues, even she knows this but due to lack of motivation and energy she doesn't (can't be bothered, too tired etc), and to be honest me being here could be contributing to her depression. She is on some meds but there are always more options IMO.

Thinking a break might be the best option when I work up the nerve to do it. And how to bring it up. She has always been here for me when I went through a pretty dreadful time in my life.

Wow, I feel so much closer to so many of you now, knowing others have "been down that road." The story is all too similar.

O.k. "Incognito" Take this advice or not...you can sit her down, lay down the law and the ultimatums. That is, she goes and gets herself checked for depression, hormone imbalance (1 can cause the other I think?) and all the other crap that could be wrong. This is her health/life.

If she accepts, ok see how it goes, if she doesn't accept that, than explain that you are indeed worried and concerned, but that you will not sit there and watch her go down that path, let alone drag you and your son along with her.

I had to do that with my Filipina ex...she chose to NOT do anything, thought I was bluffing and would stick around...she was wrong...I don't think she ever got the help she needed. But I moved on and more less enjoy life.

I think a lot of women have expectations learned from chick flicks about how life should be, and when the reality sets in they are unable to adjust.

This of course of always the man's fault.

Fortunately, (except in that great social experiment China) the are plenty of women to go around.

Once miwimee is cured of the latest round of medical experiments, she will probably learn about loneliness.

:)

ime a lot of women loose their 'fun' gene after 30

Get serious about everything and stuff like babies, houses, keeping up with the jones, get out of hand.

They also realize they're loosing their looks and the prince plus the castle hasn't materialized. ala coss

Women always think they deserve more than their "station in life" warrants. Then when they get old, looks and body shot from having the "anchor babies" they think they are owed even more. When they don't get it, they get pissed off, and are certain it is the man's fault (because it "ALWAYS" in no matter what they did to fuck themselves up) and take it out on him by making him miserable at every possible turn. All men really want is some beer and sex after a hard day and they can't even let us have that!

They stop the blow jobs, then all exciting sex, then all sex altogether. They bitch, they nag, they yell, and attempt to destroy our sanity. They do this because out societies in the west anyway allow it. We reward such bad behavior by giving more than 1/2 of everything, and then a big check every month for "Vaginamony" (Payment to them simply because we used their pussy for awhile) and maybe/most likely Child Support. We pay that in some cases until we or they die. Then what do they do? they panic and get desparate for another man to support them. Then they work out and lose weight, and oh then they suddenly remember how to suck a dick like they did to get you! They are to stupid to get it through that little woman brain of their's that if they had just kept sucking yours once in a while, they would still have you and your full pay check. But the fucked it up...but somehow that is your fault.

Totally unfair system, but hey what can we do? Oh yeah we can NOT marry them, and just "pay as we go" with whores. Women, they have 1/2 the jobs all the pussy and they still bitch...

I say we take a big old State in the mid west, and ship them all there when they get too old or too bitchy. WE begin a program of reeducation for the young girls, where we teach them to serve us men, and that it is all about out happiness. We ban all feminists and "Chick flicks" and pussified shows like "Morry" and "Phil" and "Oparah" and all the other shows that rile women up. Then maybe in a few years, we can return to a simpler, easier time.

Other than sex do we really need them?

Archived