How many will WikiLeaks get killed?

TheCorinthian

Hundreds of Afghan lives have been put at risk by the leaking of 90,000 intelligence documents to WikiLeaks because the files identify informants working with NATO forces.

In just two hours of searching the WikiLeaks archive, The Times of London found the names of dozens of Afghans credited with providing detailed intelligence to U.S. forces. Their villages are given for identification and also, in many cases, their fathers' names.

{Sorry, I cant link to The Times article.}

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/07/27/leaked-afghan-war-files-expose-identities-informants/

We are pretty upset about this as there are more than a few local people I personally worked with out there that are still there trying to make a better world. I hope that Julian Assange jerk can sleep.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No but I'm trying to keep up with the Wikileaks thing. Assange hasn't been arrested or bumped off. Basically there doesn't seem to be too much new information in the files. Nobody in the US cares much about collateral damage or hit squads. The main thing to come out of it is that Pakistan is helping the Taliban kill NATO troops. It might be enough reason to extend the war into Pakistan or Iran. We shall see.

You do realize that wikileaks gave the docs to the Times, Guardian newspaper in London, and the German magazine Der Spiegel so they could go through and redact the names! Wikileaks did not put on their website the raw documents.

Governments don't like to lose control of the message!

You do realize that wikileaks gave the docs to the Times, Guardian newspaper in London, and the German magazine Der Spiegel so they could go through and redact the names! Wikileaks did not put on their website the raw documents.

Governments don't like to lose control of the message!

Oh yes they did!! We've id'ed over 100 people just Monday when I last checked in. And they did not redact by far all the names. Heck if every document only had one name on it one time at one document a secound it would take you a month to go through them!

Archived