How many will WikiLeaks get killed?

TheCorinthian

Certain evangelicals are. The activists ones. The vast majority are harmless. Sunday morning christians as we used to call them (of which I am for the most part). Party on Saturday night, pray for forgiveness on Sunday morning.

Its the mega churches on tv who have pastors that pastor thousands and many thousands if not millions more on tv and radio. Those are the ones you need to worry about.

Those are the ones presidential candidates fight for endorsements.

I grew up around church folks who have the same 'looney beliefs' as some of you may call it who are by and large harmless.

As far as the military. Christianity has always been a mainstay. One of my brothers who was in the military said he thought he left all that 'religious stuff' back at home but saw a lot of it in the military.

I haven't served but its my understanding that to varying degrees there has always been a certain amount of religion in the military. 'God and country' isn't it? Flash? OH? You guys have served. Is that so?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe ya'll id them because you have the original docs.

There are millions of documents. There is no way to see what they got till we see what they got. When I went to their site and looked at what they have the info was shocking!!

Next to nothing in them is military sensitive to the US as it is front line stuff from 2007 at best. What is sensitive is the names of the Afghan's that helped us. The last count I got was about 400 who still live in Afghan and are now targets for revenge killing.

This is the blood on WikiLeaks hands.

I'd say most GIs got religious only when a buddy had been killed. When we lost some guys, it made you think about your mortality. Still, we got over it fairly quickly. Most of us would have been called Sunday Christians at best. Nevertheless, one gung ho sergeant I knew became a preacher when he got out. That surprised the hell out of us. :content:

You never knew who was what though. We had a red headed guy named Goldberg whose records said was a Mahayana Buddhist. Go figure.

There may be a case against Wikileaks but there is also a case of negligence against whoever is in charge of security.

I'm not sure Jill and Joe Sixpack give a shit about a few Afghan informers. They are more interested in Lindsey Lohan and Mel Gibson.

There will be a lot of graphic editorials no doubt but I doubt if a few more atrocities will penetrate the coma. People are numb. Time magazine has an Afghan girl with her nose cut off on the cover. She'll probably get offers of plastic surgery from Nancy Grace.

Good link. It will be interesting to see if Assange gets prosecuted in Oz. Big decision for Gillard. At least the MSM has gone from 'nothing new here' to debating the content.

Archived