How many will WikiLeaks get killed?

TheCorinthian

There will be a lot of graphic editorials no doubt but I doubt if a few more atrocities will penetrate the coma. People are numb. Time magazine has an Afghan girl with her nose cut off on the cover. She'll probably get offers of plastic surgery from Nancy Grace.

Agreed.

The Western audience doesn't give a shit about killed Afghans and probably most US officials (military and government bureaucrats) and companies like KBR give a shit neither. Otherwise they would have fought against corruption and fraught from the beginning.

I guess just concerned soldiers on the ground and some of NGO's really care for the locals.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets back up a bit...anyone ever hear of Gustav Lascaris "Gust" Avrakotos? I never met him of course, and any pictures of us together are false and doctored. But I digress, he and a guy named Charlie Wilson made shit happen. When it was over, he warned all involved that if proper education and proper aide and what not was not flooded into Afghanistan, than all shit would break lose and flow...

Being the closest thing to an expert at the time, he was of course ignored but all the "other bigger experts" (by that I mean asshole politicians who couldn't find their dicks without a road map) and well...we have what we have...we never fucking learn do we?

The activists ones

many evangelicals see them self a soldiers in the army of The lawd

http://www.onlinejournal.com/artman/publish/article_363.shtml

Airforce Acadamy<> class of 2004 -- have recently joined a lawsuit that accuses leaders at the academy of overtly pressuring cadets to undertake evangelical religious instruction.

.. the 'chapel' at the academy is quite spectacular ..as best i can remember .. 100% glass surrounded by the Rockies in Colorado Springs

I found this interesting ..

all of a certain 'type scope' contracted to supply snipers display a biblical referral:

the scopes, made by (evangelical owned) Wixom, Michigan-based Trijicon, as "2COR4:6" referring to chapter 4, verse 6 of the Second Epistle of Paul to the [color:red]Corinthian[/color]s.

" .. to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

http://www.unfreemedia.com/americas/2010/01/us-rifles-in-iraq-and-afghanistan-have-bible-verses-inscribed.html

>

military members at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan discussing the distribution of Dari and Pashtu language Bibles to the local Afghans, a blatant violation of CENTCOM's General Order 1-A, .. The video showed stacks of these Bibles on the floor, so they were undeniably there. So, this one had to be handled with "Code 2" and "Code 3" responses.

& >>> Lt. Col. Gary Hensley, the chief of the US military chaplains in Afghanistan, telling a congregation of U.S. servicemembers that their job as Christian is to “hunt people for Jesus.†“That’s what we do, that’s our business,†he said. Watch it:

http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/press-releases/thp_code1.html

I think your job is safe for a while. The anti-war movement is dead and Congress will keep funding the war/s. They have to. Too many people are employed in it.

It is no lie to say it is not a massive transfer of moneys in and about the country. However, I am willing to guess it will either be over and done in 4 more years, or something else will happen to move our attention elsewhere.

Like North Korea.

'It is no lie to say it is not a massive transfer of moneys in and about the country.'

Curious use of a double negative. I'm assuming you mean it's true that there's a massive transfer of moneys to fund the wars. War is a big part of the US economy for sure even if the money is borrowed.

North Korea? That would be a very serious matter.

Archived