Lost Luggage - Urgent

Hamokhamok

Doesn't matter where she is. Delta is respsonsible to get it to her at no cost to her, IF she didn't do as I stated before.

They won't offer any money, most likely, but she is still entitled to reimbursement for essentials up to the amounts I mentioned before with receipts. Tell her to call up and inquire what the amounts are now and that she will be purchasing items and wants the bag delivered to the address she gave at no cost.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't remember if this is regulated by the Warsaw convention or the other one (forgot the name) but:

She is entitled to a free delivery at her door of her luggage.

Also a financial compensation -> don't remember exactly how much but a few months ago my luggaged didn't arrive (was sent to Heathrow...) and it was delivered the next day, got something like 80-100 euros for the first day, was SAS.

Happened to me before too but in BKK with EVA Air, got the luggaged delivered for free and about 7-8K baht for my first day expenses...other passengers without luggages got the same.

-> just fill a complaint when you realize your luggaged didn't arrive

150 bucks to get your own luggage? Great airline.

Long ago, good old Pan Am smashed my new airweight luggage on a flight from the States to Bangkok, then denied responsibilty and claimed Air Siam must have done it on the leg from Hong Kong. (Yeah, right.) My next trip trip to the States, Pan Am for God knows what reason took my bag off of the flight in Tokyo and sent it to Osaka. Took me days to get it - and again it wasn't their fault! I mentioned my baggage fun to a friend. He immediately said, "You must have flown Pan Am." :banghead:

Never had a problem with any other airline.

"Apparently the $150 is for delivering the bag to a place outside Boston City area."

I have had bags not show up at Logan Airport and (then) NWA delivered them to my address down near the Rhode Island border for free! Maybe this is some of the new charges airlines are charging.

For me, the missing bag was not my fault - the airline screwed up! I was not that unhappy when the bag didn't show up because there was nothing really valuable in it. Also this meant that I didn't have to lug it to the "T" for the ride to the R.I. border. Last lost bag was just a year or two before Delta took over.

Doesn't matter where she is. Delta is respsonsible to get it to her at no cost to her, IF she didn't do as I stated before.

Some airlines still do this. I know Singapore does because they recently delivered a friend's golf clubs to San Diego County from LAX and I know the guy who operates the delivery service for them and a lot of other airlines.

If my ( admittedly fucked up) memory serves, when I worked in baggage service (OK, it was in the 80s), we could get your bag to you no matter where you were and for whatever reason. Just rush tag it on another participating IATA carrier, with delivery instructions, and that airline would take care of it, regardless if that airline was part of the claim. They could bill your airline through the clearing house, if they wanted. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks very much to you all for all your information and suggestions.

I believe the bag has been found in Amsterdam, where she changed planes, and it will be in Boston tomorrow.

I'll pass on all your suggestions and observations.

I'm not sure whats happening the bag once it gets to Boston.

I believe she should just tell Delta to deliver it to her address - in Shutesbury - about 2 hours drive from the airport and that she won't be paying anything.

She also should claim for the 2 days days shes been without the bag.

I'll let you know what happens.

What I can say is that shes not a timid woman so she won't be willingly handing out any money.

Ok the final installment on this saga.

The bag was delivered this morning early - no money changed hands and no money was asked for.

She didn't see who delivered it but everything was intact especially important medication too big to carry in hand luggage.

Everyone is happy again.

I'd like to take the opportunity of thanking everyone who gave suggestions and a quick response.

Archived