Lost Luggage - Urgent

Hamokhamok

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok the final installment on this saga.

The bag was delivered this morning early - no money changed hands and no money was asked for.

She didn't see who delivered it but everything was intact especially important medication too big to carry in hand luggage.

Everyone is happy again.

I'd like to take the opportunity of thanking everyone who gave suggestions and a quick response.

Glad to hear that she and her luggage were finally reunited. However, as I said before, she is entitled to reimbursement for incidentals IF this area is not her domicile. And even if it is, I'd have her gather up her flight info including the baggage file number and send a note off to Delta requesting reimbursement (if not her domicile) or compensation in the way of a travel credit if it was her domicile. She should not have been without her bag for the length of time she was.

Ok the final installment on this saga.

The bag was delivered this morning early - no money changed hands and no money was asked for.

She didn't see who delivered it but everything was intact especially important medication too big to carry in hand luggage.

Everyone is happy again.

I'd like to take the opportunity of thanking everyone who gave suggestions and a quick response.

Glad to hear that she and her luggage were finally reunited. However' date=' as I said before, she is entitled to reimbursement for incidentals IF this area is not her domicile. And even if it is, I'd have her gather up her flight info including the baggage file number and send a note off to Delta requesting reimbursement (if not her domicile) or compensation in the way of a travel credit if it was her domicile. She should not have been without her bag for the length of time she was.

[/quote']

Also, even if medications are are "too big to carry on", they are allowed as carry on luggage with an Rx.

She should not only ask for it, she is legally entitled to it under the Canadian Convention in articles 19 and 22. I'm too dense to convert the monetary amount but as I said earlier, if it's not her domicile, the amounts used to be 50usd for the first 24 hours and 25usd for each 24 hour period thereafter.

The Canadian Convention text

Archived