Lost Luggage - Urgent

Hamokhamok

When I arrived (BKK) yesterday, one wheel was broken off the suitcase. Went over to the counter, near where you get your luggage, and filed a complaint. No hassles. The lady type up a report and provided me with a phone number to call. They will come and pick up the suitcase tomorrow at the house.

Last time this happened (2 years ago?) they replaced the suitcase, once again, no hassle and easy.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I arrived (BKK) yesterday, one wheel was broken off the suitcase. Went over to the counter, near where you get your luggage, and filed a complaint. No hassles. The lady type up a report and provided me with a phone number to call. They will come and pick up the suitcase tomorrow at the house.

Last time this happened (2 years ago?) they replaced the suitcase, once again, no hassle and easy.

What airline, Cav? The following is a pretty standard disclaimer for US airlines and if you flew one, I'm happily surprised they're covering it.

"Damage claim

Baggage is designed to protect the contents. Scratches, nicks or dirt may appear despite care in handling.United does not assume liability for normal wear and tear to baggage, which includes: damage to or loss of protruding baggage parts such as straps, pockets, pull handles, hanger hooks, wheels and feet or other items attached to the baggage as well as damage to over sized/over packed bags.

Pan Am smashed a brand new air weight bag on me' date=' then insisted they hadn't done it. Must have been someone at the airport. :(

Rots 'o ruck. Bet the airport did yours too.

[/quote']

You mean like PanAm literally smashed the bag over your head? That wouldn't surprise me too much. :hmmm:

Blaming the damage on the airport is total BS. The contract was between you and the airline when you bought your ticket, third party liability is for them to sort out, not you (AFAIK).

All I know is that I boarded the plane in LA, handing over a brand new bag. When I got off at Don Muang, the bag was squashed. It was so damaged I had to buy a new one. Apparently, Pan Am was known for destroying bags. I told a friend who worked at the UN about my squashed baggage. His first question ... "Did you fly Pan Am?" :p

I would have offered you a new one from our supply and if you refused, I'd have told you to go buy a new one and give me the receipt and I would have written a check to you on the spot. But wheels were never covered, if that was the only damage. But we all know US carriers suck and I'm sure Cav took a real airline so maybe they cover this type of thing. It seems they do.

I flew on Qatar and this may well be the last time I fly them, as I did not get air miles toward my Gold Card! Bummer!!!

Also, no gates at the Qatar airport...on to the farkin bus incoming and outgoing...pain in the azz! Another reason not to fly Qatar.

Plus, could not get into the lounge as they didn't accept my Star Alliance Gold Card...WTF...they are "suppose" to be a co-partner in Star Alliance? I already wrote United/Star Alliance to let them know what a POS (Piece Of Shit) airline they have "partnered" with!!!

Good thing, I flew directly in/out of Berlin, Germany no hassles with the weather like they had in Frankfurt!!!

The wheels stuck out a bunch, like they were made to be broken off but this was a borrowed suitcase and a hassle I do not welcome, but what they hey... :dunno:

Archived