Nana Plaza.....

vinod

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I have ever been to this Nanaplaza (sp?) but if these 3 bars have been demolished for reasons of fire safety they could as well break down the rest of the city . Anybody care to take a walk through Chatuchak when it starts burning or Panthip ?

I HAVE SAID IT ALL THE TIME : when in Bangkok stay in soapies , for safety reasons .

This is for safety reasons. If there is a fire, people will still be trampled as they try to escape from the plaza, but now there will be room to stack the bodies.

I think with recent turmoils during the last 6 months, the locals cops / authorities did not want sleep on this by getting there weekly / monthly pay off's for running these ilegal structures before something major happens and they get whole lot bad press coverage. As it is they are battling with the tourism down they don't want these negative stuff if some crazy guys put a bomb there where farnags get hurt it would all over the world press.

My guess this could be reason....

cheers

Apparently they have done it for safety reasons. I heard there was a fire and the fire truck parked in the entrance but in doing so they blocked the only (well known) exit. So they have moved these bars to allow the fire trucks to park inside. Who would have believed!!

Cheers,

Mark

Agreed. There was that bar/disco fire a few years ago where the exits were locked/blocked.

A little sanity may have entered the equation.

I do remember before the ground floor bars. And have had a lager or two at the ground floor bars. Yes, it was neat to watch humanity walk by - on the ground floor. And it did make it easier to 'run' in case there actually was an emergency issue.

I don't particularly like change. I would much rather live in a world of nastalgia. But presently I take Amoxicillin for that now.

Archived