Nana Plaza.....

vinod

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Italian died in 1981, now pretty much run by the Karnasuta family. Revenue is about USD 1.2 billion, but they have not had a net profit in two years.

They do mostly big civil projects here and overseas. Have a couple of friends that work or have worked for them. None are what you would say complimentary about the management.

Always been rumors of Crown Bureau ownership, but there is no sign of that in the major stockholder list.

TH

Never have a net profit or never REPORT one? I worked for a publishing company with offices in Bangkok and Hong Kong. The Thai end never reported a profit, though I know they were makings millions of baht each year. The accountant once said to me, "I could put ..... in jail. I have the REAL books at home." But he was paid well and kept his mouth shut. Also, turning in the boss would incriminate him too.

Would be a miracle. Lumpini police chiefs have a rep of being hard-arses regarding nightlife (but sadly NOT when it comes to streetwalkers, street bars and African drug dealers hence why lower Suk is shit). Why would this guy be any different? Thonglor is always the "nice" guy police chief (more money apparently).

Never have a net profit or never REPORT one? I worked for a publishing company with offices in Bangkok and Hong Kong. The Thai end never reported a profit, though I know they were makings millions of baht each year. The accountant once said to me, "I could put ..... in jail. I have the REAL books at home." But he was paid well and kept his mouth shut. Also, turning in the boss would incriminate him too.

It's a publicly traded company (symbol ITD ). They are forecasting a net profit for 2010 and the stock is up pretty well this year as a result, particularly in the last few weeks.

It’s a bit difficult these days for major companies to play games with the financials. That’s not to say it does not go on, like it does everywhere. They are required to submit audited financial statements to the SET as well as the Revenue Dept. The Revenue Dept has a separate section to take care of the major companies and they look pretty hard to be sure that income is not being hidden so they get their tax. This is particularly true if you have declared a loss for several years in row.

TH

Archived