Some UroTrash just tried to claim he was Tourist Police and Shake me Down!

TheCorinthian

Just now on Soi 20 walking to my Hotel!!! 0100 2Aug10

This idiot on a motor scooter, maybe Italian with ok English pulls up in his blaze orange slicker, pulls out some sort of badge and asks if I am, of all things, Irish! He says he is tourist police. I say, "No you are not..."

He: "Ok, you show me your pass port now."

I have to go to the Embassy for a meeting about this Wikki Shit so tonight to make sure I am ready I actually have my id, badge and credentials on me.

Me: "No you are not...." pull out my badge and ID "...because I am US Police."

He: "errr ok err you follow me now...." and turns the motor bike around and takes off.

Ok, this was surreal to me. Never even heard of that happening before. The balls on this guy!!!

Anyone ever here of that crap before, esp with a non-thai guy!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty odd getting hassled on that street at 1AM. I've done the Soi 20 walk a bazillion times (usually stay at the Rembrandt Apts) and never had a problem. Of course, there are more bars on that soi now than there used to be. Anyway, good job for keeping your cool. :up:

LOL, Mr C & I just had a cigar and a scotch pissing ourselves laughing about this idiot. I hope he tries me next -- now that I know I won't be so flabbergasted and will maybe get his "ID" or something. That'd be fun.

Our mystery thief really needs to go to bad guy school 101 and learn to pick marks...

What a loser!

Had it ever happened before I would have asked to hold his ID and kept it.

Not a bad protocol to follow if in doubt. First thing cops learn about their ID: you don't surrender it...look but don't touch. If the guy hands it over, you know he's full of shit right away. :content:

HH

Archived