Bangkok v Pattaya £$

hooper

I hav'nt been to Pattaya for 5 years and have no intention of doing so in the forseeable future. When I lived in Bangkok I used to pop down now and then for 2 or 3 nights for a bit of sea air, but as a tourist coming to Thailand now I go straight to Bangkok. Its rather like when I go to the supermarket, ok I do look for value for money but that does'nt mean buying shit products just because they are cheap.

Simie.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can visit Bangkok for shopping, non p4p nightlife, nice dining and things like that but everytime I end up in Soi Cowboy or Nana area I just wish I was in Pattaya.

Bangkok was great when I was younger and really enjoyed the normal nightlife with students and normal day-working Thai girls but p4p has always been too mercenary for my taste there.

That said there are two massage joints Akane and Sazanka for which I haven't found rival in Pattaya yet.

I hav'nt been to Pattaya for 5 years and have no intention of doing so in the forseeable future. When I lived in Bangkok I used to pop down now and then for 2 or 3 nights for a bit of sea air, but as a tourist coming to Thailand now I go straight to Bangkok.

Same here. I never really liked Pattaya when I used to go there occassionally in the early / mid 90's and although I haven't been back for years I expect I would dislike it even more now. :(

Pattaya is just a big bar whereas Bangkok is a city with all the variety that includes. :up:

Also in Bangkok I'm not surrounded day and night by vest wearing, thong shod, tattoo splattered farangs. :content:

Take out the beach, about 8.5 million people, a much smaller P4P bar scene and add a normal city feel for 1.5 million people and add outdoor activities minutes outside of the city limits and you come up with Chiang Mai. If I want to go to Bangkok or Pattaya, they are an hours plane trip away (add an hour for Pattaya).

I don't see it as either - or.

I can walk out the Nana Hotel and find a good choice. Or Annies down the soi.

And shopping in BKK is much better. And including Chinatown.

But Pattaya is to me less expensive and still good choice for personal activities. Shopping is not as good but adequate.

Either one is good. And I usually spend time in each.

And if I want a more laid back place - Hua Hin or Phuket or maybe Chaing Mai. Then possibly a visit Phnom Penh or Saigon.

Too many choices and not enough time or ATM machines.

I have found Bangkok nightlife just starting to get really ridiculous at times between the women and drink prices.

The last few trips, as soon as I land at the airport, I'm straight off to Pattaya. Then I head off to Angeles or Subic in the Philippines for a week or two. I get a lot more out of my money with these places.

I usually just stay 3 or 4 days in Bangkok just to check out the usual nightlife areas, at the end of my trips, then am a short ride to the airport for departure.

Archived