Bikini Briton arrested in Dubai

Flashermac

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a former colleague said to me' date=' "As soon as the planes lands in Riyadh, you can feel all of your civil rights disappearing."

[/quote']

Maybe your colleague should try Israeli Customs and Immigration at Tel Aviv airport then.

:beer:

Will Israeli customs throw you into the slammer if you are found to have a New Testament in your luggage, the way the Saudis will? How about a girlie magazine or a ham and cheese sandwich? Suppose you have a poppy seed roll? A bottle of booze?

Can you get sentenced to death for saying Christian prayers in Israel, the way some Filipinos did in Saudi? What if you are wearing a crucifix or a Buddhist amulet around your neck? Just wondered.

:hmmm:

p.s. Do the Israelis stone people or chop off their hands?

I was simply trying to balance your usual Islamophobic rant in which you gratuitously introduce your mate's xeonphobic "feelings" as though gospel.... the Fox Noise way!

For the Israeli airport experience try

Don't let Israelis catch you falling in love with a Palestinian

and

Don't be a person of colour at Ben Gurion airport (in particular nomad's experience)

>>Will Israeli customs throw you into the slammer if you are found to have a New Testament in your luggage, the way the Saudis will?

... Yes. 5 years! "On Dec. 29, 1977, Christians in Israel and the occupied territories protested a new law passed by the Israeli parliament making it illegal for missionaries to proselytize Jews. Protestant churches charged that the law had been “hastily pushed through parliament during the Christmas period when Christians were busily engaged in preparing for and celebrating their major festival.†The law made missionaries liable to five years’ imprisonment for attempting to persuade people to change their religion, and three years’ imprisonment for any Jew who converted.†http://www.ifamericansknew.org/history/rel-christians.html

and if the Israeli cops don't get you, Yad L'Achim will

and

the Jewish Christian missionary bashers

Watch out Chelsea and new husband Marc Mezvinsky... don't honeymoon in Israel!

more at wiki

Ever since the formation of the Jewish state, orthodox Jewish communities have come under scrutiny for the negative stereotyping and scapegoating of Christian minorities in the region, up to and including violent acts against Christian missionaries and communities.[22] Israeli liberal journalist Isak Letz has chronicled numerous instances of Orthodox Jewish groups becoming increasingly active in their opposition to Jews converting to Christianity, including violent acts against converts. These attacks often go unpunished by Israeli authorities

And don't wear symbols of your Christianity or you'll get spat upon

A few weeks ago, a senior Greek Orthodox clergyman in Israel attended a meeting at a government office in Jerusalem's Givat Shaul quarter. When he returned to his car, an elderly man wearing a skullcap came and knocked on the window. When the clergyman let the window down, the passerby spat in his face.

The clergyman prefered not to lodge a complaint with the police and told an acquaintance that he was used to being spat at by Jews. Many Jerusalem clergy have been subjected to abuse of this kind. For the most part, they ignore it but sometimes they cannot.

On Sunday, a fracas developed when a yeshiva student spat at the cross being carried by the Armenian Archbishop during a procession near the Holy Sepulchre in the Old City. The archbishop's 17th-century cross was broken during the brawl and he slapped the yeshiva student.

>> Do the Israelis stone people or chop off their hands?

... no.. worse... they commit (self admitted) war crimes by illegally dropping phosphorus bombs that unstoppably eat through children's flesh to the bone and vital organs ensuring a slow and painful death. (Gaza invasion 2009 - 318 children killed)

But we've been there before.

<< to balance your usual Islamophobic rant >>

Yup. Everyone who dares to say a negative word about any Islamic country is an Islamophobe. But you obviously consider your own anti-Jewish rants as simply telling the truth. Have you looked in a mirror lately? You are as big a fanatic as the bible bashers who stand outside of Nana Plaza.

I'm not anti Jewish (far from it), but anti Zionist... big difference.. and you know there is, but it's always useful to smear by playing the anti Semite card! Many Jews are anti Zionists too.

The original item was harmless enough... about some dopey woman wandering around in beachwear in a Dubai shopping mall... asking for trouble IMO after all the publicity about the place... couples imprisoned for kissing in public and rooting on the beach etc I sometimes wish the Thai police would be as zealous dealing with hot pant clad barge arse Russian women (of Moscow Wal Mart status) wandering around Big C in Pattaya! :barf:

It's when the good ole boys jump in and the thread degenerates into the usual racist/religionist stereotyping Muslim bashing hysteria that I object. I get enough of that sort of stuff in my email inbox everyday from seemingly intelligent friends and relatives. It's all becoming a Kristallnacht mindset that Dr Geobbels would have been proud of.

I apologize for the use of my words "usual rant".. a bit OTP. I enjoy the majority of your posts.

:beer:

Oddly enough, I like you too - as long as the Middle East doesn't come up. I realise I can go overboard on Islamic extremists, but you come back as strongly against Jewish extremists.

I say Jewish rather than Israeli because your examples are usually about far right Jewish religious nutters in Israel, not actions by the Israeli government. I despise extremists of all religions and non-religions (e.g. politics). The "true believers" are the responsible for a large share of the world's woes. :(

Archived