{rant} Why I hate NGO's! And Why is Rape Never Mentioned?

TheCorinthian

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/08/07/afghanistan.americans.killed/index.html?iref=obinsite#fbid=6tx_ltebB1f&wom=false

Ten members of the Christian medical team  six Americans, two Afghans, one German and a Briton  were gunned down in a gruesome slaughter that the Taliban said they carried out, alleging the volunteers were spying and trying to convert Muslims to Christianity. The gunmen spared an Afghan driver, who recited verses from the Islamic holy book Quran as he begged for his life.

I spent a year rescuing NGO (Non Government Organizations) in Africa. Baptist Missionaries were the worst, Peace Corps not much better.... Nothing wrong with "Do Gooders" per say. It is just some of them will go places no one in their right mind would go and then act surprised when they got raped, killed, beat up, all three.

And why is rape never mentioned in the news? I know for a fact the Korean women were repeatedly raped while they were held. I would wager good money the women killed above were too before being shot about 30 times.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... well the leader of the group has been providing medical aid in Afghanistan for 30 years.

Yea, I got to admit, if anyone this guy seems to have known what he was doing. Which is also my point: he knew what he was doing and was an expert at it.

And he still got chopped to bits and got his team killed.

So the absolute no nothings that I had to deal with were infuriating.... :mad:

When I was in the Central Highlands in 1969, there was a French medical missionary - a woman. She had worked with the hill tribes for years and they practically worshipped her. Unfortunately, the commies didn't, especially since the hill tribes opposed them. One day they ambushed her and her jeep driver and killed them both. Surprised us somewhat ... but not a lot. We more or less expected it to happen eventually, since with the Vietnamese reds, you were either for them or against them.

The VC earlier had hung a satchel charge on a building in a Catholic orphanage, which blew the wall in on a nun and a bunch of kids, killing several. Their crime? Apparently, the kids were seen being friendly to us. Didn't matter that some of them were thought to be the children of deceased VC.

As to rape, remember that female Army E-4 who was captured with her male E-3 driver during Desert Storm? A sergeant major told me she had insisted the driver turn off the road into an unsecured village because she WANTED TO MAKE A PHONE CALL! :banghead:

The sergeant major also said she was raped repeatedly by the Iraqis. So was that female major who got caught. Just what do people think will happen to captured women? :(

As to rape, remember that female Army E-4 who was captured with her male E-3 driver during Desert Storm? A sergeant major told me she had insisted the driver turn off the road into an unsecured village because she WANTED TO MAKE A PHONE CALL! :banghead:

The sergeant major also said she was raped repeatedly by the Iraqis. So was that female major who got caught. Just what do people think will happen to captured women? :(

If you mean this girl,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Lynch

...yes she was raped to pieces over about 10 hours. And no way it was to make a phone call. If in Desert Storm, cell phones did not exist then that an E-4 would have nor would work in Iraq as we killed there systems. Same for Lynch... they did not pull over for a phone call. They could not have made one.

Oh, and about that Army Group, she testified to this:

On April 24, 2007 she testified in front of Congress that she had never fired her weapon; her M16 rifle jammed, as did all weapons systems assigned to her unit, and she had been knocked unconscious when her vehicle crashed.

...which is about half true. (All of them did not jam, they killed over 50 before being over run, and if she was knocked out she would not know if they did anyway.) We use it in training as an example of what happenes when you do not clean a rifle.

I can't stand religious NGO's, I knew a girl, great smart, talented, born again, also just graduated with a med degree/.

Came to see, "I'm off to India with my mission"

That's great, I said, You'll be a great help there now your a doctor and it'll be good training for you too" - thinking they'd be doing medical aid.

"NO" (Horrified at the thought) "I'm going there to save souls"

Few times I've been quick witted I replied

"Why not save their lives first so they have a soul to save"

Really pissed me off. God before medicine. And I should know!

As to rape' date=' remember that female Army E-4 who was captured with her male E-3 driver during Desert Storm? A sergeant major told me she had insisted the driver turn off the road into an unsecured village because she WANTED TO MAKE A PHONE CALL! :banghead:

[/quote']

If you mean this girl,

...yes she was raped to pieces over about 10 hours. And no way it was to make a phone call. If in Desert Storm, cell phones did not exist then that an E-4 would have nor would work in Iraq as we killed there systems. Same for Lynch... they did not pull over for a phone call. They could not have made one.

On April 24, 2007 she testified in front of Congress that she had never fired her weapon; her M16 rifle jammed, as did all weapons systems assigned to her unit, and she had been knocked unconscious when her vehicle crashed.

...which is about half true. (All of them did not jam, they killed over 50 before being over run, and if she was knocked out she would not know if they did anyway.) We use it in training as an example of what happenes when you do not clean a rifle.

No, NOT that gal. I said Desert Storm ... 1991! The SGM said she went to see if she could make a call. His words, not mine. He served there, so it must have been at least talked about.

Jessica Lynch was less than 8 years old when that happened.

I remember a snake catcher (retired soldier) up in Mae Sot had to go and rescue some christian missionaries a few years.....err hang on that was a movie.

Agree there is no place for the bible in NGOs

As to rape' date=' remember that female Army E-4 who was captured with her male E-3 driver during Desert Storm? A sergeant major told me she had insisted the driver turn off the road into an unsecured village because she WANTED TO MAKE A PHONE CALL! :banghead:

[/quote']

If you mean this girl,

No, NOT that gal. I said Desert Storm ... 1991! The SGM said she went to see if she could make a call. His words, not mine. He served there, so it must have been at least talked about.

Jessica Lynch was less than 8 years old when that happened.

No problemo.. but remember, you could not make a call in Iraq in 1991. Cell phones were the size of a briefcase and about $2000... and as you know, we 86'ed there entire infrastructure before the invasion. So I would say you source was.... misinformed.

Archived