The stunning decline of Barack Obama

Flashermac

Interesting analysis from The Telegraph ...

<< The last few weeks have been a nightmare for President Obama, in a summer of discontent in the United States which has deeply unsettled the ruling liberal elites, so much so that even the Left has begun to turn against the White House.

While the anti-establishment Tea Party movement has gained significant ground and is now a rising and powerful political force to be reckoned with, many of the president’s own supporters as well as independents are rapidly losing faith in Barack Obama, with open warfare breaking out between the White House and the left-wing of the Democratic Party. While conservatism in America grows stronger by the day, the forces of liberalism are growing increasingly weaker and divided.

Against this backdrop, the president’s approval ratings have been sliding dramatically all summer, with the latest Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking Poll of US voters dropping to minus 22 points, the lowest point so far for Barack Obama since taking office. While just 24 per cent of American voters strongly approve of the president’s job performance, almost twice that number, 46 per cent, strongly disapprove. According to Rasmussen, 65 per cent of voters believe the United States is going down the wrong track, including 70 per cent of independents. >>

Link

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a businessman, I find that talking point just stupid. I'm well on the way to have my best year ever, after last year which was my best year ever (opened the biz in 2002).

There are many reasons for this IMHO -- mainly bankers/lack of regulation impeding loans and the GOP who absolutely refuse to govern.

But people get pissed off at too much US politics, so I'll try to not add to it and stop here.

Sir David Barclay and Sir Frederick Barclay

Oh . . . these guys don't have an agenda?

Another ' Fair and Balanced ' reporting of the news.

I'd rather listen to Rupert Murdoch's Fox News with the moot button on.

Whatever else people may say, the economy will be Obama's achilles heel.

Personally, I find his performance fair to middling. Not great, a little disappointing, but not awful.

Still, for most people finances are going south and that train ain't stopping in the near future. Big fucking mess to clean and some deeply entrenched patterns that have come back to bite us.

I like Obama but predict he'll be a one-termer barring some sort of miraculous economic turnaround. Could be wrong though.

We'll see.

Archived