The stunning decline of Barack Obama

Flashermac

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All jokes aside, Palin and maybe GWB cost McCain the election. In the process, Palin has now been legitimized in some circles, and at the very least, she will take votes away from the repubs if she ran on another ticket, and would repel votes if she runs on the rubpub ticket...

... shouldn't those that have money spend it to increase economic activity? Did those complaining GOP folks vacation along the Gulf? :hmmm:

... She vacationed with two women, one of them a longtime Chicago pal, Anita Blanchard, who is the obstetrician who delivered Sasha and Malia. Blanchard is married to Marty Nesbitt -- President Obama's buddy and the treasurer of Obama's presidential campaign fund.

There was one other woman. Total: four daughters among the three women. They paid for their hotel rooms and other personal and travel expenses. ...

So why did Mrs. Obama go to Spain at this time? She's not tone-deaf politically. What was behind the "mother-daughter" vacation?

A White House source told me that Blanchard's father passed away and Mrs. Obama was not able to make the funeral at the beginning of July. Blanchard had promised her daughter she would take her to Spain for her birthday. She asked Mrs. Obama and Sasha to come with. (Malia is at overnight camp.)

"She felt it was important as a dear friend to do this," I was told.

How did they end up at the five star Villa Padierna, part of the Ritz-Carlton chain? Because of security concerns, there were just some places they could not go. Agents were able to secure Villa Padierna and the nearby beach area. ...

Michelle's popularity has taken a spill over her latest extravagant tour of Spain at a time Obie is telling everyone else to tighten their belts. Do these people have any idea about good PR? :dunno:

I do not understand the issue. Outside of the law-required Secret Service stuff, it was on her dime. Unlike Bush's many holidays and campaign tours on the taxpayer.

Does anyone see Paris Hilton lose popularity when she goes on holiday?

Archived