Concerned about an encounter and symptoms

jibjab

As long as your organ is still attached to your body and flame is not coming out when you pee your odds are very good.

Have been told it is much harder to get AIDS than it is to get other STDs and everything I've read seems to confirm that.

Statistics don't heal you' date=' if you are the one...[/quote']

I agree 100%. If this is a troll that is one thing, but if he is genuinely concerned I want to stress the positive.

If my goal was to send him into a deep depression

http://christwire.org

would have done it.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got back from the doctor. The result on the Western Blot was negative, which I'm happy about. Obviously, this is not conclusive at three weeks, and I plan on taking another test, though which one and when I'm not exactly sure of.

I'm being paranoid, I admit, which is why I think I should abstain from these kinds of activities moving forward.

Should I go to BKK and take the PCR? Does anyone know which hospital has the fastest turnaround?

Thanks,

jibjab

I'm no expert but I do know kissing with active cold sores is a bit of a no-no, as is oral with active sold sores (herpes). They can also help other infections/std's 'piggy back' to or from people. I don't think hiv can be transferred like this but plenty of others definately can.

See a doc, maybe a couple

Just wanted to re-post this here (already posted this on another forum):

Hey everyone,

I took the test and am happy to report that I'm in the clear. Clearly, I was overreacting based on my supposed "symptoms" and reading stuff online. The consultation + viral load test at Bumrungrad ran just under 6,000 baht , so it was cheaper than I expected it to be.

Most everything went smoothly (from scheduling an appointment online with an infectious diseases doctor, registering, seeing the doctor). I was especially pleased when I found out the viral load test results would be available in 24 hours, and that they were willing to either call or email the test results. I decided to have them email me; but for some reason the email that was supposed to arrive at 10AM didn't show up.

At noon I was panicking, so I called the hospital and was referred to the infectious diseases department. I got even more nervous when the secretary could not disclose the test results, all the while claiming that the email had been sent (It hadn't). She asked me to wait until tomorrow, and of course I'm freaking out - thinking something's wrong if she's not willing to disclose the results. Eventually, she relented after putting me on hold; and said that the results stated I was "less than 40".

Less than 40 what? I was freaking out; she told me to wait and then somehow - even though she claimed the doctor I met with was out of the office. She told me I was okay, but I doubted her. Eventually I got to talk to the doctor, and found out that 40 copies/mL is the most the test can detect, which means there's an infinitesimal chance I could have HIV. He told me I was fine.

As dumb and irrational it is, I was quite scared/nervous at various parts of this past week. If you are a hypochondriac and prone to worrying to death, I recommend that you DO NOT engage in these kinds of activities.

Between this past week and my qualms about the industry, I won't.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope all is fine but you are not out of the woods yet.

It is my understanding that HIV can be transferred more easily if you are experiencing an active viral disease, such as Herpes I or II.

Also, red rashes and a series of a conglomerate of white pimples is a sign of herpes II (genital, yes, you can get genital herpes anywhere on your body).

Also, if it was a week or 2 that you had the tests done, after an outbreak, herpes II may not show up. This is the reason herpes is so wide spread, 90% of the tests done, if not done during or shortly after outbreaks don’t show it up.

If you get these symptoms again get a test done straight away, don't be embarrassed to go and see a doctor with the symptoms showing.

Archived