Cambodia ... answer to 600 Baht Barfines?

donaldenta

I am going to be in Bangkok in 3 weeks and all the talk of Crackdowns, 600 Baht Barfines, and 2000 - 3000 Baht LT is starting to depress me.

Are there any tour operators that are offering inexpensive 2 to 4 day "erotic" bus trips accros the border to Cambodia?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flight time to Phnom Pennh is 35 minutes or so, $20 to clear immigration and a taxi ride into town. why bother with a tour.

try Scandic Hotel Phnom Penh 023 302 388 nisse@bigpond.com house 4 rue 282, central, colonial style, comfortable, good bar, discreet, owned by Nisse (Swedish)

he knows everything you need to know about PP and more.

Scandic Hotel is in the mid-range category. Decent rooms with tv, air-con, hot water and (double rooms) fridge. This hotel is mainly known to Scandinavians. I stayed there a couple of years ago and liked the place. I estimate 10-15 rooms with a good location. The staff is really friendly. Security is maintained by two former Khmer soldiers (with AK-47's...). Nisse takes good care of his staff which ensures a pleasant stay for the customers. From what I heard Nisse has married (last year I think) one of the girls working there. Scandic is a place I would recommend, but be sure to make a reservation as the rooms are limited.

I never heard about it, even on other Cambo-boards?

a few years ago, Nisse had a fall-out with one or more of the cambo board moderators, reasons unknown. Since then they have been unwilling to mention his hotel on their websites.

hiya theo

The cambo board moderator was me and it wasn't really a 'fall out' with Nisse. I'd booked a room at the Scandic but had to delay my arrival by a day or two as I was busy in Snooky. So...I sent Nisse an e-mail explaining this and suggesting that if he couldn't hold the reservation to mail me so I could make other arrangements.

I didn't get any mail so turned up at the Scandic well after dark to find Nisse at his bar saying 'no room'. Luckily I remembered another place around the corner (the Golden Gate) but a newbie would have been stuck down a dark street in PP at night.

As for mentioning his hotel at the Cambo board I moderate, well mine is just one experience and we would never censor anybody elses opinions. I'd actually heard that the Scandic is a great place and thats why I booked a room there!

Archived