Cambodia ... answer to 600 Baht Barfines?

donaldenta

Donald,

Have a good trip. I myself I going to make my maiden voyage to Cambo via the same route. However, after PP, I will head up north to see Angkor Wat, then return to the LOS via Poipet.

JG

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Can only agree to this support to Nisse in Scandic..

I was there 3 years ago for 2 days...and we had a great time.

Nice hotel and service...

I hope everyone who goes to PP stays in Scandic and support the westerns there and not these chinese ppl haveing hotels overthere.

• [color:blue]"I hope everyone who goes to PP stays in Scandic and support the westerns there and not these chinese ppl haveing hotels overthere."color=blue>

What is wrong with the Chinese run hotels? I stayed there many times and had a great time everytime.

Yes....I heard that the Hong Kong hotel is one of the best mid range ($20) in PP. They are so guest friendly that when my friend arrived back to his room without girls one night...the doorman asked him if he was feeling ill!!!

I also stayed there 2 - 3 times. Good location, reasonable rooms and prices (USD 20 - USD 30). Very friendly staff, they offer their own girls too. The only downgrade is the lack of a pool. Never had a problem taking two ladies. Unfortunately they got bombed two years ago, but now they are running their business again. AFAIK, they changed their name to "Lucky Star Hotel".

Btw, the newly built "New York"-Hotel is in the same bracket and got very good reviews.

My prefered hotel is the Sofitel Cambodiana, a 4-Star hotel at the river-side; but sometimes I like to have a change and if you are taking two or three ladies every time, other hotels are better (walk of shame etc.).

I just came back from PP, stayed at Paris Hotel. Decent, it's like APEX or Diana Inn in Pattaya. Paid $15/night for a standard room. Asked the taxi driver about Big Luck, "no, closed". For sure he tried to get me to a hotel where he'd get some commission... Anyway, I checked New York and liked it. The only problem was that they only had one standard room available and there were 3 of us... so to Paris we went. I met Donald enta at Svay Pak and he expressed his dissatisfaction with Scandic. Apparently Nisse wasn't to guest friendly, and only answered to direct questions. Maybe he had a bad day or something? I like Scandic, the only problem for me is that a lot of Scandinavians from Pattaya and BKK like to stay there (some gossip might eventually end up back home, which wouldn't be appreciated by my wife...). I saw Nisse at Cathouse this past Saturday, and he looked a little bit sad. Staying at Scandic is worth a try IMHO.

I will be there for the first time in July only passing thru so where should I go and is it poss to have a sha* without bringing her back to the hotel room. I will be acccompanied.!!

I will only have one night. Is Sharkys the place to go and is it safe on my own at night??

Thanks

Uniformguy

Svay Pak for daytime fun (short time on premesis available). 63rd street late afternoons/evenings(short time on premesis available). Sharky's and Martini for evenings and nights (well, util 2 am at least... short time at hotel). I personally like Sharky's. It's a bar with pool tables and a lot of girls, American style. Martini is a disco/bar, many guys like this place. Usually loaded with aggressive girls. Of course there are other places as well, but as a first timer it's "enough"... smile.gif

Archived