What is your trick for a cheap airline ticket to BKK?

unit731

What is your trick to purchase a cheap airline ticket from overseas to Thailand?

First we will eliminate "your company".

Second we will eliminate "frequent flyer" points.

Third we will eliminate the "Trust Fund" set up by your overly rich parents.

What are your tricks for obtainng a good price for an airline ticket from farangland to Thailand?

Not flying during Christmas/peak season. :content:

I just checked the prices for Dec. 23 - Jan. 10:

FRA-BKK 1050 EUR and up. And I fear it will be even more expensive in a few weeks.

:doah:

My recent summer trip to LOS:

FRA-BKK ca. 800 EUR.

I am now sticking with one airline as in the long run its cheaper. If ever 5 trips or something I get a free ticket then each flight can be considered discounted by 1/5 of the ticket cost.

Before, I would get tickets from a consolidator. Also as mentioned above the peak season. It is not just Christmas, Sept 30/Oct 1, is the changed between seasons.

ITA once a day helps keeps the high fare blues away.

Put in your departure city and Bkk. Add the number of days you would typically stay for a trip. Select search for lowest fares. You can have up to a 7 day spanin your search parameter, so if you typically stay for 2 weeks, i would search for 7-14 days or 14-21 days.

I make it part of my morinkng ritual when I get to the office and it takes less than a minute a day. You can search out for the lowest fare in any given month.

Ive grabbed tickets from chicago to singapore for as little as $ 595 last year.

Ps on my phone at the moment so I dont have the URL handy. Search ITA matrix 2 on google and youll find it. Same engine usdd by travrl many agents and airlines and its free.

Requiers registratrion. They were just bought by googler for an ingodly sum of money. Many advanced search featurea if you want to learn the codes.

Happy hunting.

I get alerts on travelocity that advertise LAX-BKK for as low as $693.00 R/T. When I go to their site, I can't get anything cheaper than $950, which I can get by combining the search engines of 8-10 travel sites, like Yapta. I'm hoping that the fare sales to BBK start after Labor Day.

I've used ThaiFly but never gotten the lowest fare they advertise. I'm pretty sure the dates on those flights are extremely limited.

I've used ThaiFly.com, 6 times or more.

I purchase 60+ days in advance, am flexible with dates. I pick the connections, from the airlines site, ahead of time, on the airline I choose. Always get the Thaifly published fare.

Archived