The Fed's New "Right" to Track Your Every Move With GPS

Flashermac

Government agents can sneak onto your property in the middle of the night, put a GPS device on the bottom of your car and keep track of everywhere you go.

[color:red]This doesn't violate your Fourth Amendment rights, because you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in your own driveway - and no reasonable expectation that the government isn't tracking your movements.[/color] :surprised:

That is the bizarre - and scary - rule that now applies in California and eight other Western states. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, which covers this vast jurisdiction, recently decided the government can monitor you in this way virtually anytime it wants - with no need for a search warrant.

It is a dangerous decision - one that, as the dissenting judges warned, could turn America into the sort of totalitarian state imagined by George Orwell.

It is particularly offensive because the judges added insult to injury with some shocking class bias: the little personal privacy that still exists, the court suggested, should belong mainly to the rich.

Link

We have them that can get a signal under a car. But they are EXPENSIVE!!! I would not see a vast amount of this used as it would just cost WAY too much.

However, all those saying this is above and beyond need to take a good look at the document you sign in the US when you get a driver's license. It pretty much give the cops a LOT of leeway. A LOT!

I live in California (god's country) and have something in my car called "Fast Track." Basically, this is a transponder that is prepaid, and allows me to drive through tolls and bridges and certain paid roads, with out having to stop and pay.

So one day, I arrive home from Thailand, and there is a message on my voicemail from some SGT with the highway patrol. He was investigating an accident on Interstate 580, and my Fastrack was recorded as being in the area at that time, and he wanted to know if I had maybe seen anything...That was pretty damned scary for sure!

Apparently, as you drive passed certain points with this thing, it sends data to a traffic monitoring center, which then posts estimated travel times on electronic info boards along the highway, allowing you to get up to the minute traffic info, and better plan your route. But It can also be misused...as was the case I just mentioned. They very easily could have tried to use it to blame me or others who were just passing along.

I have also learned it can be used to give speeding tickets with out any cop involved...it just measures how fast you went from mark A-B and then decides your speed etc...nasty shit some of this technology.

We have them that can get a signal under a car. But they are EXPENSIVE!!! I would not see a vast amount of this used as it would just cost WAY too much.

However, all those saying this is above and beyond need to take a good look at the document you sign in the US when you get a driver's license. It pretty much give the cops a LOT of leeway. A LOT!

I didn't sign any such document, just the signature line. :dunno:

U.S. Court Rules That Government Can Secretly Track You With GPS, Privacy is For Rich People Only

TIME report details legal ruling that befits activity of KGB or the East German Stasi

A Report in TIME magazine details how it is now perfectly legal in nine states for the government to attach secret satellite tracking devices to your car and monitor you wherever you go, [color:red]without a search warrant.[/color]

As if that wasn’t bad enough, the report also details how [color:red]The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, which made the ruling, essentially suggests that privacy should be reserved for rich people only[/color].

The law, which now applies in California and eight other Western states, stems from a case beginning in 2007 when federal agents of the DEA covertly attached a GPS tracking device to the vehicle of an Oregon man they suspected of growing marijuana.

The vehicle was parked in the man’s driveway, yet judges ruled that he did not have any reasonable expectation of privacy under the Fourth Amendment because they driveway was “open to strangers†such as delivery people and neighborhood children...

http://www.infowars.com/u-s-court-rules-that-government-can-secretly-track-you-with-gps-privacy-is-for-rich-people-only/

Archived