BuildingWhat: Watch The Ad One Million New Yorkers Will See

cavanami

Fact ism these guys have a right to build the mosque/cultural center. If I have it right, it is NOT at "Ground Zero" but 2 blocks away...like 1/4 mile+? I believe there is currently a mosque there? The guy building it, or footing the bill supposedly gives lots of money to some veteren's group...oh well...

Exactly OH. And to believe otherwise makes you less of an American. This is basic to what makes an American an American. The very accusation that these Americans who happen to be Muslim and this mosque are somehow associated with terrorists is simply prima facie bigotry: when you tell a group of people they're not allowed to do a legal because they're , that's bigotry. It really is that simple.

I hate to do it but I have to give GWB some credit in that he reined in the GOP loonies trying to make this a holy war against Islam. But of course, I can also dog him again for his silence on this subject.

I hate to do it but I have to give GWB some credit in that he reined in the GOP loonies trying to make this a holy war against Islam. But of course, I can also dog him again for his silence on this subject.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't GWB's foreign aid policy also heavily 'faith based?' Some of the results may have been good, can't recall his faithful voting supporters being Muslim. All I do remember is a policy toward abstinence education over condoms, in real crisis countries, which pissed me off at the time.

Edit: Actually still does...I don't like 'faith based' anything as a matter of national policy!!!

I understand the insinuation and I love a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy...but (and you know there will be one)...2001 and the 1950s are totally different. For them to carry off something of this size and magnitude would appear on the surface completely beyond their capability and resources.

This is way pass Mission Impossible, The Italian Job, etc. kinda stuff.

Archived