Man Arrested at Alaska State Fair for Impeach Obama Sign

cavanami

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is certainly not against the law but people are getting busted for it!

Now if I was Prez. Obama, I would use this incident to prosecute those security idiots and any police illegally involved...WTF, the Fed gov files a law suit against Arizona, the Fed gov had better deal with these incidents!!!

Isn't Alaska a mostly Repuublican state? Doubt the cops were pro Obama.

That said, I am very wary of any arrests to anyone for exercising free speech. I'm not comfortable with most of it. However, the cops have to make a judgement call on the spot and balance what is free speech and what is disturbing the peace.

From the video, the guy was standing there with the banner, mai pen lai...then the "security" personnel came there and started to hassle him...WRONG!

If me, I would have remained silent and let the security morons do whatever they were going to do.

IMO, this guy can hire a lawyer and get a PILE OF $$$...at taxpayers expense! A LOSE-LOSE for the US citizen. The security/police should be jailed and fined for being idiots!!!

Couple of things...

He was hauled of by "security", not police. They may or may not have been off duty police officers.

The guy was clearly TRYING to get hauled off. He had the right to free speech, but no the right to disturb and incite others. And his yelling and histrionics were above and beyond. That said, the rent-a-cops went too far.

So CAV, exactly who should "Obama" prosecute here? The rent-a-cops? The Alaska State Fair?

This hardly qualifies as an incident worthy of Presidential attention.

So how come that arsehole preacher and his family can go around and "protest" at military funerals, carryng signs saying the deceased GI deserved to die because God hates fags etc ... and not be stopped because they have a "civil right" to be there? This Alaska sourdough was clearly looking for trouble, but they didn't have to Rodney King him.

Archived