Limo to Korat

nkped

It appears the next trip to Thailand may need to include a trip to Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima). That raises the question of how to get there. Supposedly there is again air service, Happy Air, but they appear to only have two aircraft and that entails certain risks.

I don't fit well on Thai busses. The train is a possibility, but I'm beginning to think the best option may be a limo, i.e., Toyota Camry or similar. Anybody have experience/recommendations on this? Also, about how long a trip is it?

It appears the next trip to Thailand may need to include a trip to Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima). That raises the question of how to get there. Supposedly there is again air service, Happy Air, but they appear to only have two aircraft and that entails certain risks.

I don't fit well on Thai busses. The train is a possibility, but I'm beginning to think the best option may be a limo, i.e., Toyota Camry or similar. Anybody have experience/recommendations on this? Also, about how long a trip is it?

A few years back, a favorite of mine made the trip in her Honda Civic. Sharing the driving, we made the trip up in a leaisurly 41/2 hours or so, stopping at some Gai yang place for lunch. We took in Wat Ban Rai, Prasaart Hin Pee Mai, and 1-2 small places, return trip with dinner stop took like 5 hours?

I have also taken the bus, agree, not the best way. I know a driver in BKK, who back then, quoted me a price of 3000 for a day trip/hire, including all gas/tolls (don't recall any). I think you can do a bit better, or hire a van etc...I think a hotel travel desk can help. If not, I will find the driver's number for you.

You will probably be better off renting a Toyota Alphard (with driver) rather then a car, it will be much more comfortable.

With the driver, cost should be about 10k a day.

TH

• 3 weeks later...

Sir ,

I am the Thai Tourist Authority officially approved senior advisor on any question concerning transportation Bangkok -> Korat . Outer Korat is lovely Nok's hometurf . Although I do almost anything to avoid going there it is sometimes not possible to resist ongoing mental pressure .

Plane : no good , the airport is countryside , no taxis , too far .

Train : an alternative if you are a train freak , but only then .

Bus : [color:red]AVOID THE BUS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!!![/color] I am still suffering from a serious brain surgery after I went by bus from BKK to Korat . As soon as they start the trip you will have to watch the stupidest movies that the industry has ever produced and they put the loudspeakers on full throttle all the way . The Thais can still sleep deeply , you can't . You will step from the bus as a broken man .

Taxi : Acceptable

Minibus ( Van ) : The best . You can stretch yourself and sleep somehow . I think the charge 5000 roeund trip , includes one night hotel for the driver . Can't remember exactly .

What do you want there anyway ?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived