Logistics-part2-Don't use UPS

persil

Further to a previous post. part of our load would go airfreight.

We booked UPS online, opened an account, booked from door to door, filled in the details, printed out the barcoded labels for our 5 boxes, attched them, inserted packing slips,Gave pick up addres and ph.no., paid via credit card and received electronic confirmation request for pickup had been received by UPS.

then nothing happened.....

3rd day after supposed pick-up date, we phoned them.

No trace of our request, "UPS Thailand doesn't use UPS international website system........"

UPS international website, listed Thailand, allowed us to fill in paperwork, and sent confirmation.

WTF!!!!

Now, after a few hours phonecalls and emails, more or less resolved.

I won't use them again. TIT

Think that's bad.

I had a box to send back. Prepaid with a UPS sticker. Called UPS to setup a pickup.

Tell them the tracer number, Yep it's on a pre paid account.

But sir since you are not dropping it at a UPS store there will be a pickup charge.

Huh? Your man stops at this location everyday.

Well then you can had it to him no charge, but if you leave it there is an extra charge.

I told them pack sand and I called FED EX.

Pickup no problem...

Several years ago, I lived in Dallas.

After a few truly incredible screwups, I put a policy in place of refusing to use UPS and refusing to allow anyone to use UPS to ship things to me.

Eventually, UPS in Dallas cleaned up their act, to the point that I was willing to use them, but they never got to be a preferred shipper: FedEx was FAR more reliable, and far easier to do business with.

They are still not my preferred shipper, even though I no longer live in Dallas.

Several years ago, I lived in Dallas.

After a few truly incredible screwups, I put a policy in place of refusing to use UPS and refusing to allow anyone to use UPS to ship things to me.

Eventually, UPS in Dallas cleaned up their act, to the point that I was willing to use them, but they never got to be a preferred shipper: FedEx was FAR more reliable, and far easier to do business with.

They are still not my preferred shipper, even though I no longer live in Dallas.

In our line of business no one ever uses UPS. It's exclusively FedEx or much more expensive specialized shippers - we even once received a contract which demanded never to use UPS.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived