ACLU Challenges Search of Laptops at Borders (US)

In Thailand, they still have the right to protest which we for the most part, do not have that right.

Please cite examples to back this statement up. Because from the million man march, to Martin Luther King, to the current trouble in LA, I cant see how you get this as true.

Also back up how you see killing people as an acceptable method of government change.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Thailand' date=' they still have the right to protest which we for the most part, do not have that right.[/quote']

Please cite examples to back this statement up. Because from the million man march, to Martin Luther King, to the current trouble in LA, I cant see how you get this as true.

Also back up how you see killing people as an acceptable method of government change.

Border cities in Arizona, probably one of the more repressed areas in the country as far as civil liberties are concerned in my opinion, are one area where the right to protest is restricted.

I went to a peace rally a while back. I noticed police cars staged on side streets so they could sweep into the area if there was a problem. Around the park there was a lot of police. The park, which the peace rally was using, was a private affair and police were not invited. Therefore they stayed outside the area but made their presence known.

I also went to the non-peace rally. Funny - no police staged on side streets nor any police presence at the rally.

[color:red]Also back up how you see killing people as an acceptable method of government change.[/[/color]

I didn't say that. That is something you came up with.

One would think that even though they may...and I mean 'may' not have to abide by the constitution at customs you'd think the government would try as much as possible to recognize the rights afforded in it, especially to citizens.

They are on a fishing expedition the vast majority of the time with no inkling of the traveler fitting any sort of profile that would need further inspection.

It goes to show you that given the opportunity to do anything the government will do it (customs, guantanamo, etc.). The founders and framers of the constitution knew what they were doing. They knew human nature. A history professor of mine once said that the framers knew they'd be running the country. They understood human nature and were protecting the country against themselves at the time as well as the future powers that be against the people.

If this story was the same but was in some mideast country, China or Africa we'd all be posting about how backwards they are and how no modern, civilized nation would conduct themselves in that manner.

I firmly believe the constitution, for the most part, isn't worth the paper its written on nowadays. Through the Patriots Act and other legilation, etc. the government has pretty much done away with it. The odd 'victory' here and there when they get too brazen about trampling on it, is the exception to the general rule. I have no expectations that the constitution means much anymore. I also believe the government can and will do anything it wants irrespective of the rights we were told were God given. Sad. It was a great idea at one time.

See GWB, Iraq, ca 2002-2008, for excuses for an acceptable method

Not asking about methods. Asking about BKT's morals and why he believes violence is acceptable on a macro scale. He said this:

In Thailand, if they don't like the government, they can stage a coupe. In the USA, we can't do that.

This Thai coup has taken a lot of lives on all sides: BKT tacitly advocates armed intervention in politics. So yes, BKT said he believes violence and killing is an acceptable means of government change. Please back this up.

A coup can only happen when you have the support of the military. Certainly, in Thailand, the military is a large (probably the largest) player in Thai politics. When they support a coup, like in 2006, it can be bloodless (you can also point to the airport demonstrations as an example). When they don't, like last Aprils demonstrations, people, mainly the demonstrators, will die (although the demonstrators did cause major property destruction). The military has never been a major political player in the U.S. Yes, there is a cozy relationship between the military and the defense contractors but, by and large, there is civilian control of the military, as evidenced in the McCrystal episode. I never say never, but it would be very hard for me to believe that a coup could occur in the U.S. The U.S., however, has no problems causing coups elsewhere.

In Thailand' date=' they still have the right to protest which we for the most part, do not have that right.[/quote']

How many examples...he's a few...

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily/news/11675212.htm

Protesters: GOP, police went too far in New York

Dallas Morning News | May 18, 2005

They were captured in nets, handcuffed and thrown into crowded jail cells.

For more than 1,800 protesters arrested at last year's Republican convention, free speech came at a price. Some are still fighting charges such as disorderly conduct and failure to disperse. Of those who have made their way through the judicial system, nine in 10 were not found guilty of anything...

http://prisonplanet.com/index.html

Alex Jones Arrested In New York

Cuffed during Fox News protest on "unspecified charges," now released, cameramen also arrested

Prison Planet | September 9, 2007

Paul Joseph Watson

NEW YORK - Media activist Alex Jones was arrested by New York Police Department officers while filming a documentary about the sixth anniversary of September 11th and joining the protest against the official version of what happened on 9/11.

According to Infowars sources Jones was singled out by police from the head of a crowd of about 400 9/11 Truth Activists and protesters. He was verbally accosted and forced by the police officers to present identification which he was not carrying at the time...

Peaceful Protesters Attacked, Arrested While Cop-Car Arsonists Left Alone

http://www.prisonplanet.com/

An eyebrow-raising photograph of one of the anarchists who set fire to a Toronto police car during anti-G20 protests this past weekend shows him wearing Nike clothing, a potential indication that provocateurs dressed up as black-bloc “anarchists†were again employed by authorities to cause mayhem in order to justify a brutal police crackdown and crush free speech, as peaceful protesters were attacked and arrested while the anarchists who torched the cars were left alone...

There are hundreds of examples.

http://startpage.com/do/metasearch.pl

As was said above, yes they have been doing it for years. But it was Obama HLS Chief that codified it that they have the right to do it!

LOL!

funny feller you be.

from your initial distortion of the facts: "under a policy issued in August 2009 by the Secretary of Department of Homeland Security, Janet Napolitano"

tip:

when one wants to change one's position espoused upon in an initial post in a second post one should edit the initial post to be congruent with the second post .. & 3rd & 4th cover up post

Kinda like McCrystal's Tillman initial post.

I still think Tillman was a hit .. he was 100% against Iraq & was meeting with Chomsky when he returned from Afhgan . no way the pentagon could allow that.

come on Wikki .. provide the truth on that!

re: BKT's morals

I've read your position on the mid east's indigenous people.

I've read your posts on US military's murder of civilians

I've read your post on tellin' the truth

IMHO, little of what you contend in writing could ever be classified as a high ground moral position

IMHO, you are typical of we called a lifer 40 years ago.

as a AF medic (afsc 90250 ..thankfully, i do well on standardized tests) I witnessed AssOle lifers punishing obvious PTS victims by withholding pain meds for self inflected wounds (aka, I want the f' outa here wounds)

unsolicited advice:

if you reside in a "cracked glass morality" do not cast stones on the morality of others

Archived