Looking for nice place for lunch or dinner

khunsanuk

Hi,

It's my parents' anniversary this Sunday and they want to have a nice lunch or dinner with the family.

I figured doing a brunch buffet would be nice, but the prices are way beyond our budget (most I found are in the 1300-2500 Baht range, and that is plain ridiculous I think, especially considering there will be 7 of us).

The one at the Emerald hotel doesn't look too bad at 512 Baht/net, but I have never been there. Has anyone tried it? If so, any good?

Any other suggestions? Doesn't have to be buffet; parents are not fond of Japanese; Ratchada area would be nice, but not required.

Sanuk!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd place Windsor auites a little above the Emerald, have clients who stay at both places, call to make sure the "Sunday" one is more expensive.

I still find the best value, and too expensive for 7 maybe, is the Lord Jims at the Oriental Hotel, 1000 baht which is cheaper than Sheriton etc, and far nicer, better "History" views also.

Emerald has 2 buffets, the Asian one upstairs, and a "European" one down stairs. Both are good, the one down stairs has better atmosphere and decor as I recall.

Other options might be the Huntsmans in the Landmark, if they are still there. Bei Otto, Fortuna...Not sure if Dusit Thani does a brunch anymore...

I'd place Windsor auites a little above the Emerald, have clients who stay at both places, call to make sure the "Sunday" one is more expensive.

I still find the best value, and too expensive for 7 maybe, is the Lord Jims at the Oriental Hotel, 1000 baht which is cheaper than Sheriton etc, and far nicer, better "History" views also.

Mrs LK & my last Lord Jim's Sunday brunch was B1550++ plus drinks, about a month ago. Still an outstanding value considering the venue, but not an option given the original poster's requirements.

Well if you csn wait a week ...

http://www.bourbonstbkk.com/24th_anniversary_party.html

24th Anniversary, 2 days... Sat and Sunday the 18/19th

Bourbon St. Restaurant, Oyster Bar & Boutique Hotel

29/4-6 Sukhumvit Soi 22

ONLY 324 ++ BAHT PER PERSON

INCLUDES BOTTLED WATER

Reservations On Sunday Only

ALL YOU CAN EAT

BUFFET EXTRAVAGANZA

FEATURING OVER 50 GREAT ITEMS

BUFFALO WINGS

SHRIMP, CRAB & EGGPLANT CASSEROLE

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

CRISPY FRIED SOFT SHELL

SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP WITH JALAPINO CHEESE

AUSTRALIAN LAMP CHOPS

SHRIMP AU GRATIN

POTATO SKINS WITH BACON

CAJUN STYLE CHICKEN

BLOOMIN' ONION

FIRED MOZZARELLA CHEESE

FISH NUGGET

HOUSE CURED SALMON

BAR - B - Q CHICKEN

BAR - B - Q PORK RIBS

NEW ORLEANS BAR - B - Q SHRIMP

CRAB CLAWS

CAJUN “POPCORN†SHRIMP

FRIED CALAMARI

BEEF BRISKET

NACHOS

ITALIAN CHEESE SAUSAGE

MEAT LOAF

TOSSED FRESH MIXED SALAD

CORN ON THE COB

CAESAR SALAD

MASHED POTATOES

MIXED VEGETABLE

GREEN BEANS

COLE SLAW

GARLIC BREAD

POTATO SALAD

CHICKEN ANDOUILLE SAUSAGE GUMBO

SHRIMP BISQUE

RED BEANS & RICE

JAMBALAYA CHICKEN SAUSAGE

BLACKENED FISH PASTA

BLACKENED SHRIMP PASTA

BLACKENED RIB EYE BITS

BLACKENED CHICKEN FLORENTINE

RED FISH "AMADINE"

SALMON FLORENTINE

CRAB CAKES

FRIED SHRIMP

SHRIMP ETTOUFFE'

LEMON TART

BREAD PUDDING - BOURBON SAUCE, PECAN SAUCE, WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE

CHOCOLATE BROWNIE

GEORGIA PECAN PIE

PECAN PIE

CHEESE CAKE

CARROT CAKE

PUMPKIN CREAM BULEE'

APPLE PIE

MIXED FRUITS

ICE CREAM

Can't recommend Bei Otto Sunday brunch. Highly disappointing given the usual quality of their fare.

Chesa, right next door, is a much better option, but too pricey for KS' request @ B1200++ (I think) plus drinks. Very highly recommended by me, tho'.

I'll disagree about Bei Otto, love the place for the buffett, the quality is very good to me anyway, beats the crap German places in SFO. There is a place on SOi 20, Windsor Park Hotel maybe? (Might be the place PM mentioned?) That had a good dinner buffet, and also a Sunday brunch, I liked it and thought the price was decent, maybe 600bht all in. But haven't been in years, also haven't been to Huntsman's is it still there? I always liked that place.

Hi,

Thanks for all the suggestions, but looks like it has become a moot point. Dad suggested we could eat at the place he remembered from a previous trip, close to my house.

Food is nice there, but it is a big tent with concrete benches :)

Anyway, their anniversary so if that is what he likes, that is where we'll eat.

Sanuk!

Archived