Palin Backs Anti-Masturbation Candidate

temfarang

...not an intellectual but not an idiot. The article above could be summed up in two words: pretentious bullshit...

Dave' date=' I usually like your stuff, but you're a-swinging and missing here. She's an idiot, she's an idealogue, and has shown that she has no interest in bettering her brain capability. But then again, why should she because the sheeple are giving her millions to be just that. It pays to be stupid in America -- you just need good marketers.

I find it is not pretentious to call a duck a duck. That's all the article is doing. Maybe pointless to bother writing it and trying make it sound all scientific, but hardly pretentious. Refreshingly direct, I'd call it.[/quote']

Trust me, defending Palin is difficult, there's a lot I don't like about her -- and ultimately the Evangelical foolishness kills it. All the horrible stuff Bush brought with him -- denying evolution and seeking to establish 'intelligent design' [read: Biblical Creation] as the scientific origin of life in Public Schools, killing stem cell research, invading countries as ordained by God... could never support that and you can see her continuing down that path.

That said, a lot of the criticism of her background and speech mannerisms lights me up -- coming from a rural redneck background myself. I don't like to see people downgraded superficially by a false elitism.

I don't know how to explain it. Respect your opinion though sir.

Later dude.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her problem is that she brings the criticism upon herself, with comments about "real Americans" and bashing her opponents with half-baked Rush-like shit (like the old joke: "so, when did you stop beating your wife?"), then hiding behind "I'm not accusing anything, I'm just asking a question."

And the pathetic way she uses her children as props and whinges when someone says something about them. Once again, if you want things to be off limits, don't bring them up first.

You cannot swing a stick around hitting people, then whinge when someone hits back. Republicans are masters at doing that: playing the victim after throwing the first punch.

Caribou Barbie has been treated MORE than fairly by the media IMHO. She's not some loopy entertainer who doesn't matter in the grand scheme (think Paris Hilton) -- this is someone who wants to actually run the most powerful nation on Earth. This ain't a game here, and the blisteringly unqualified need to be shown the door. That's what the responsible media outlets are doing.

<< You know I think you're a sharp guy Flash. But it's pieces like this (along with the multitude of insipid attacks that have become ubiquitous) which make me want to defend Palin. >>

Simply the flip side of the attacks on Obie. Politics has become very personal these days. Don't attack ideas, attack the person. I don't remember politics generally being like this in the past.

Except when the Dems under LBJ absolutely savaged Barry Goldwater, claiming he wanted to start a nuclear war ... :hmmm:

Yet Goldie was a far better man than LBJ!

Palin could be a Mensa member as far as I know. My issue with her originally was that she appeared totally inappropriate for the VP job at the time. My problem at the time was with McCain for choosing her. Palin and her views was Alaska's problem and McCain wanted it to be ours.

She did appear stupid at the time.

The social conservatives and religious right have way too much power in the Republican party.

LK as far as I can tell there aren't any 'far left' candidates. Obama has governed very centrist. He's kept a lot of Bush appointments. I think McCain would have spent a shit load of money as well, the difference being it would have been on different things (not healthcare as an example).

Archived