Advice Needed: Friend Won't See Writing On The Wall and Come Home

MooNoi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flames nothing' date=' I like many others have spent years working and preparing for the future only to see pensions and investments vanish. This came at the price of sacrificing good times while young, and for what? Enjoy what you can while you can. [/quote']

What a crock of shit OH. :shakehead:rolleyes:

Really? and why is that?

I totally understand the philiosophy of "live life while you can, let the future take care of itself" etc.... but what are people like my mate going to do when they're OLD and CAN'T work anymore? :dunno:

I see 35 - 50 as my money-making years and hopefully I'll be able to retire at 50. Still a LOT of years to enjoy myself propping up a bar in Pattaya after that... and hey, I'll fit right in! :grinyes:

Sure, could get hit by a bus tomorrow. :surprised:

But... probably won't. :tophat:

"I totally understand the philiosophy of "live life while you can, let the future take care of itself" etc.... but what are people like my mate going to do when they're OLD and CAN'T work anymore?"

Die happy maybe?

I understand what your mate is doing. I understand your concerns as well, but, you aren't his Pappy. Let him live his life as he wants, and after voicing your valid concerns and opinion... shut the fuck up. :clown::nono::shhh::soapbox::twocents:

Just don't lend him any money. 555555.

I see 35 - 50 as my money-making years and hopefully I'll be able to retire at 50. Still a LOT of years to enjoy myself propping up a bar in Pattaya after that... and hey, I'll fit right in!

There are obviously many guys on Thailand-centric forums who working hard and saving for retirement in Pattaya - where they will be able to boink a new Little Lek and Nubile Noi every day until the Grim Reaper calls their name out.

I think the one problem with this scenario is that Thailand is changing at a really rapid pace and one cannot be certain that the bar industry and the very dynamic with the girls will be the same as it has been in say, 5, 10 or XX years in the future. If someone really has their heart set on living the Pattaya lifestyle, I hope they're not far away from retirement. Thailand is changing at a helluva pace (higher quality expats moving here one of the big changes) and we shouldn't assume that the dynamic that has existed will last forever...

Still here. Just through with talking about our adventures (all truth, BTW) and then have to listen to the whinging because small minds cannot seem to think there is more than one lifestyle in LoS or think that the cheaper it is, the better the time. Which is just as untrue as the opposite.

(BTW, no venom directed at you OH, just a quick truthful reply to your request)

Flames nothing' date=' I like many others have spent years working and preparing for the future only to see pensions and investments vanish. This came at the price of sacrificing good times while young, and for what? Enjoy what you can while you can. [/quote']

What a crock of shit OH. :shakehead:rolleyes:

Really? and why is that?

Did I say that?! Oops! Must have been :drunk: . Actually I was, which is why I'm not at work today. :nono: Not sure what I was trying to say? :dunno:

Anyway, of course you can have the "I hope I die before I get old" attitude. But most of us will reach 70 easily. So who want't to have a really shitty 10-20 years at the end of the life?

But I am end 40 know, have never been (albeit we have a history of cancer in our family) severely ill, so I guess I might live some more decades.

But I am self-employed and have until recently never paid into a pension fund. If my earnings don't increase much in the near future my retirement life will be rather shallow. :shifty:

Archived