Minor Scam

Savittre

I was at a bar called 'Papagayo,' in Pattaya, last night. I was sitting with a bargirl, we were on stools next to the bar. I ordered a drink for me and her, and the bartender who took the order said,'One drink for me too?' I said 'no,' and I shook my head. Then I went to the toilet, and when I came back I noticed that the bartender had a shot of tequila. I didn't care, because I'd told him I wasn't buying him a drink. But, when the updated bill arrived in my checkbin, his drink had been added to my bill. I told him I had refused his request for me to buy him a drink, and he said,"yes, you did [agree to buy me a drink]." So, I went to the cashier and told her what happened, and she said "the bargirl sitting with you told him it was OK for him to have a drink. Wait until her dance shift is over, and we can sort this out."

1. I don't believe there's any way the cashier could know what had been said between the bargirl sitting with me and the bartender.

2. There's no reason I should have to wait until the bargirl finishes her dance shift. She can get offstage right now and sort this out.

3. I got no sense, or feeling, at all that honesty mattered to them. The bartender lied right in my face, and the cashier did the same thing.

This scam is not limited to Papagayo. FYI.

Please don't reply to this post. I'm not going to check it for replies myself, because most of what gets posted these days on Thai360 is neither informative nor useful.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Always good to have info. like this. Good post.

No Elroy it's not a good post. Did you read the end of his post? If not here it is, "Please don't reply to this post. I'm not going to check it for replies myself, because most of what gets posted these days on Thai360 is neither informative nor useful."

Just like his post, neither informative nor useful, in fact he probably made it up. I've no idea why salivator or whatever his name is bothers posting if that is what he's got to say! Anyway if he was a man, which obviously he's not, he would of told the bartender and cashier to fuck off and not paid for the bartenders drink. Oops, maybe he did, he just doesnt mention that?!

Archived