Fish Finger Sandwich

The_Munchmaster

My brother made me a fish finger sandwich when I was visiting him last year and although sceptical at first it was actually extremely tasty.

Anyway I fancied trying it myself so got him to text me the recipe and tried it last night.

Unfortunately my FFS was just not in the same league as his. It's pretty simple so difficult to get it very wrong so I can only put it down to the quality of my fish fingers, which did look pretty pathetic.

I'll try again soon when I've sourced some better quality fingers. In the meantime here's his recipe:

Two slices of brown toast.

Thickly spread good tartare sauce on one slice.

Place three good quality fish fingers (cooked) on top of the tartare sauce.

Place some rocket or watercress on top of the fish fingers.

Top that with some tomato salsa and the other slice of toast.

Enjoy.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Be aware that Bird's Eye make several kinds of fish fillets. IMHO all but the 100% cod fillet variety are for newbies.

2. Real men only apply freshly-ground pepper and Sarsons malt vinegar to a fish finger sandwich; anything else is borderline gay.

YMMV (as Suadum might say). LOL, SMK [etc]

1. Be aware that Bird's Eye make several kinds of fish fillets. IMHO all but the 100% cod fillet variety are for newbies.

The ones I used were the inferior coley ones. I would have got the cod ones but they only had boxes of 30 which was waaay more than I needed. I'll check another store tonight, who I think may have a better selection.

Archived