Grand Millennium Sukhumvit Review

Hugh_Hoy

Due to the overwhelming numbers of Demoncrats/liberals on the board, we don't get many reviews of accomodations suitable for decent, moral, civilized board members. So......

After years of enduring the pauper Demoncrats that check in at the Royal Grand Nana Hotel Resort and Spa, I cut short my stay there after 11 glorious nights and checked into the Grand Millennium Sukhumvit on Soi Asoke for my next 11 nights. (http://www.millenniumhotels.com/th/grandmillenniumsukhumvitbangkok/index.html?cid=emeasia02936)

Reasons were many:

1. My political/social alliances could no longer be reconciled with the clientel of the Nana. I could no longer endure being subjected to the endless parade of old, fat farts traipsing through the Nana’s lobby with poor Thai farm girls a third of their age, visualizing all of the repugnant things that these low life’s must subject them to.

2. The beds and pillows at the Nana could no longer feel merely like I was sleeping on a sidewalk with a bag of rice to rest my head.

3. Although the NEP was less than the length of a football field from the Nana, Soi Cowboy (my favorite venue for relaxation) was still within about 300 meters from the Millennium.

4. I got a very good promo rate at the Millennium which included 2 beers, 2 bottles of water, and 2 soft drinks daily as part of the promo. Also, free high-speed reliable internet was included in the room rate.

5. I had “previewed†a room at the Millennium in person to find: quite a large room, flat panel TV, 3 telephones, including one in the “water closet†(us high-rollers need to have instant communication with our brokers without the danger of missing an important call); room safe, mirrors everywhere; large walk-in shower and an over-sized bath tub (the bathroom is viewable through two walls of glass which allows you to see if your tilac of the day is stealing any of the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel or lotion bottles replenished without charge on a daily basis). By the way, the fridge and counter in the rooms are full of expensive drinks, liquor and snacks. (These were cheerfully and promptly removed at my request immediately upon my check-in.)

6. I was assured the venue was “guest friendly†(and confirmed it many times during my stay without any “transfer fee“ or however that idiocy is charged). Security guy will take and protect your wife's ID until she leaves.

So, did I like it? I friggin’ loved the place and will stay again (providing there is another good promo rate available; when’s the next Red Shirt rally?)

The beds and pillows made me feel like I was sleeping on a cloud. AC was via a digitally-controlled themostat in half degrees and five fan settings. The staff is really great. Helpful in all matters. Courteous, friendly, prompt in matters of inquiry or need. The concierge even made a number of telephone calls on my behalf when specific Thai language usage was required to gain information. Taxi’s were hailed from the street, taxi doors opened and closed, free newspapers, door man/lady opening the doors for you. I never got that at the Nana. And best of all, nearly every time a staff person said something, a sentence was ended with “sirâ€Â. (After 28 years of being called an asshole, shithead, fuckstick, etc., hearing the word “sir†was music to my ears. Indeed, an uplifting symphony.)

Maybe best of all, it’s nearly impossible to experience a walk of shame. The hotel’s front entrance is on Asoke, but it is more easily accessible from Soi 23 for taxis heading east on Sukhumvit (say from Soi 4). That approach takes you to the backside of the hotel where a more discreet entry is possible. So if your heavily tatooed/pierced “wife†is dressed in a see-through blouse, wearing short shorts and 6-inch spiked heels, you don’t feel like you’re a Demoncrat sleezing into the Nana at midnight.

So, did I like it? I friggin’ loved the place and will stay again (providing there is another good promo rate available; when’s the next Red Shirt rally?)

HH

So how much did this set you back? Guest friendly?

I don't believe your totally right wing, I heard that you had taken a missionary position at Cowboy University, teaching young female entrepreneurs basic business principles.

Definitely guest friendly and about $115/night total.

Come on, NG. You know enrollees at Cowboy University are immune to acquiring even basic business principles. For instance, a number of them failed to appreciate the importance of photo advertising to display the attributes of their merchandise. (Thankfully, quite a number seemed to grasp this concept :content: ) Nothing like diffused. natural light illuminating a pair of nice tits, with open curtains a foot away, 21 floors up with the BKK skyline in the background to feature those selling points. :drool:

USVirgin...you are soooooooooooo right. What I'd give to have those 28 years back. 5555555555555

HH

Excellent report. I admire your clarity.

I remember when US $115 was not an issue for me - I miss those days.

Pay peanuts, and you get monkeys.

On my birthday once, a few years back, I took the mia noi to the seafood buffet at the Millenium. It set us back about US $100 at the time, but is was quite satisfying.

My company office is about 500 meters north on Soi Asoke (BB Building) - I guess that I owe another visit.

Cheers!

SS

Archived