other end of the spectrum

pasathai1

after reading the interesting GRAND MILLENNIUM SUKHUMVIT REVIEW.

I got to thinking of all the places I have stayed at the low end of the money chain.

I recall paying appx $3 usd for a nite a the queens hotel just outside salsbury

any others got interesting comments?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

khaosan rd area & soi ngamdupli (near silum) ~100-150bt/night - paper thin walls/cubicles & shower in the hall, but not bad value at all ;)

suk soi 4 like uncle ray guesthouse etc ~400bt complete with own shower guest friendly the works etc ;)

pb hotel ~500bt - spacious rooms!

grace hotel ~800bt excellent value!

however most of those were a few years back or 10!!

Very decent guesthouse rooms on Soi Kamsem San 1, directly across from MBK off of Rama I...not girl-friendly, but for couples on a budget, quite decent...around 400 a night (including breakfast) when I used to stay there 8-9 years ago, not sure about now...

Hi,

Cheapest I paid was during my first trip in 1994. Rented a bamboo hut (mattress on the floor, bare light bulb hanging from ceiling and a mosquito net) for 50 Baht / day :)

No way I'd do that again now though (even if it were possible, even 10 years ago those huts had already been replaced with concrete ones and rent gone up to 250 Baht/day).

Sanuk!

On my second trip to Thailand in 1986 (the first one was with my dad and we stayed at the Montien in BKK) I stayed at a brothel in Hua Hin for 60 baht a night, a beach hut on Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui also for 60 baht a night, but I had to share with the rats. Also a nice beach hut on Karen Beach, Phuket for 300 baht. In BKK I stayed at the Miami Hotel, Suk soi 15(?) for 500 baht. But the cheapest was a guest house in Mae Sai, right on the river for 40 baht a night!

Archived