Movie "The Hangover 2" Set in Bangkok

MooNoi

Finally went to see it tonight.

Not bad. Light entertainment. Usual bathroom humor; some familiar locales; LK et al seemed to end up on the cutting room floor. Bride and bridesmaids were HOT. Set aside the cultural nuances that weren't adhered to (most audiences wouldn't know the difference anyway). I can see Thai's enjoying it: makes farangs look stupid. 555555555555 Actually, one of the characters looks like Old Hippie's kin. In fact, almost like his twin brother (if he has/had one).

HH

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the movie sucked, all around. Not enough bar scenes, did they ever say how they couple getting married, met? Same movie as the first only set in Thailand. And did they really take a boat from Bangkok to south Thailand? I saw the movie under the influence so I may have missed something.

Krabi to BKK in a boat? 555555555 Fast mofo boat, eh? Well, I'd guess that less than .01% of the movie goers would know, eh? It's just a story; like you said, could've been anywhere.

I will say that the Thai extras played along well; shows some good Thai direction for the crowd scenes.

HH

Thanks Hugh. Can't decide whether to go or not. I'd like to see the familiar locales but have a feeling I won't find it very funny.

Yeah...not too funny. A few scenes are worth a chuckle or two. Mainly a big screen version of an TV sitcom for adults. Benny Hill was funnier.

HH

Finally went to see it tonight.

Not bad. Light entertainment. Usual bathroom humor; some familiar locales; LK et al seemed to end up on the cutting room floor. Bride and bridesmaids were HOT. Set aside the cultural nuances that weren't adhered to (most audiences wouldn't know the difference anyway). I can see Thai's enjoying it: makes farangs look stupid. 555555555555 Actually, one of the characters looks like Old Hippie's kin. In fact, almost like his twin brother (if he has/had one).

HH

Yeah, I thought the same. It's a Hollywood depiction of LOS. Like going to an isolated luxury resort from BKK with a powerboat within 4 hours...

Anyway, I think this movie shows actually more of BKK's atmosphere than many movies before. It's hot, sweaty, crowded (did you ever seen a pearl of sweat on James Bond's face or on any other actors faces while in LOS outside a deadly fight?), noisy, a little bit dirty and run-down in most parts and extremely elite and rich in other parts.

In regard to the gogo bar scene, every hand held youtube video is more raunchy. Only the slide show at the end of the movie gives an idea of the debauchery which can happen to a unprepared BKK newbie, like drinking way too much, getting an ugly tattoo, fucking a Kathoey, e.g. - except that usually this won't happen all in the first night...

Guest lazyphil

lol, yes!!...i think shes korean and absolutely gorgeous, i thought some of the cinemaphotography was very good especially the opening shots of bkk and later vistas of krabi, overall i liked the movie, reasonable balance of good bad and ugly

Archived