Movie "The Hangover 2" Set in Bangkok

MooNoi

LK et al seemed to end up on the cutting room floor.

Actually not' date=' but may as well be. On screen for about 1.5 seconds about 48 minutes in...

[/quote']

:up:

That must've been when I blinked. 5555555 Any way you can get a vidcap and post?

HH

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually not' date=' but may as well be. On screen for about 1.5 seconds about 48 minutes in...

[/quote']

You must have had to pause and frame by frame forward to spot yourself.

If you know what scene you are in, you can usually find yourself. In my instance, I was almost filling the screen as I dashed across it. I was disappointed to see the part before that was gone. Lizzie should know where he was sitting and where to look. Thus in about as long as it took him to say "Hey, there I am" it was over. :p

LK et al seemed to end up on the cutting room floor.

[/quote']

Did you give already an interview how shocking the nightlife scene in BKK is?

like early closing hours, attitude of the girls, increasing barfines..

:content:

• 6 months later...

Finally caught this on a copy of a pirated rip last weekend, and I'm glad I didnt pay a cent to see it - seriously, how the fuck did this make so much money ?

1. The 'Alan' character was unbearable in the first movie - in this one, I wanted to see him dead from the very first scene. I know he is supposed to be irritating, but he is also supposed to have some endearing traits : with the exception of the 'he has got semen inside him' line, I didnt enjoy his presence on screen at all.

2. I doubt that anyone here didnt see a scene involving a Katoey hooker and Stu coming as soon as it was announced that the movie would be set in Thailand. Even in the vein of the Farrelly Brothers and given the R-rating, the 'there is a reason they dont call it Bangcunt' line represented a low point for me - it just wouldnt have been funny to anyone bar retarded 15-year old boys.

3. I can live with creative license, but taking a speedboat right down the Gulf of Thailand from BKK to Krabi boggles my tiny mind. I guess if you can believe the Alan character could drive a speedboat, anything is possible.

4. If TaT or anyone else thought this might promote tourism to Thailand, I am fucked if I can see how - the resort was beautiful, but every part of the movie showed a dirty, 3rd world shithole. Some might say 'Hey, that IS Bangkok !', but it was pretty one-dimensional for mine. As for the Thai people, see point 5.

5. I'm not sure where you have to go to find Thai Police who speak with Eton accents, or New Yorkers who tattoo 9-year old Thai kids, but no-one in that movie seemed even remotely believable. The scene with the monks at the 'Chiang Mai monastery, just outside of town' (!) was an insult to Thai Buddhism. I wasnt expecting a doco, but they could easily have filmed the entire movie in LA's Chinatown and just thrown in a Thai ladyboy - why they even put cameras on a plane escapes me.

Once again, Chow carried this movie, but he still couldn't save it. Bradley Cooper was on a chat show the other night talking about a 'Hangover 3', probably to be set entirely in LA - I wont be saving my pennies to see that one.

Agree it won't be winning any awards anytime soon, and most people I see who have seen both say it was just a re hash of the first in a different location. Some good laughs in it though if I remember rightly. The last scene with Tyson was a giggle, the song and him telling the tattooed one what he though of him...

Chow was the goods though, agree.

Lots of rumours Hangover 3 will be filmed in LOS in Feb 2012 - staring, Redmond D Baron and anyone else is welcome... :neener:

<< 3. I can live with creative license, but taking a speedboat right down the Gulf of Thailand from BKK to Krabi boggles my tiny mind. I guess if you can believe the Alan character could drive a speedboat, anything is possible. >>

Huh? Krabi is on the west side of Thailand. He'd have had to drive that speedboat all the way around Singapore. :p

Archived