Airport Rail link today

Torneyboy

A few more.

As i said this trip took fifteen minutes and fifteen bhat pp...the plan now was to get a taxi from here to the Bangkok bank opposite the Central world Plaza....this trip took just on 40 minutes and 60 tb..we ended up getting out and walked the rest of the way ... :grinyes::neener:

A few more.

As i said this trip took fifteen minutes and fifteen bhat pp...the plan now was to get a taxi from here to the Bangkok bank opposite the Central world Plaza....this trip took just on 40 minutes and 60 tb..we ended up getting out and walked the rest of the way ... :grinyes::neener:

Why did you not take the Airport Link to Payathai and get on the BTS for three stops, arriving almost right in front of the Bank?

TH

Have used it twice now and found it good on both occasions, though as predicted the interconnects could be better, and I think this applies at both ends.

We took the express non stop train, one day return promotion ticket 100baht, no alternatives. Didn't time the journey but it seemed quick. Makkasan station, big and empty. Train comfortable and empty seats look to be arranged different to the city link train and more comfortable. Swampy station, empty and some longish slopes with moving walkways to negotiate to get to departures.

At Makkasan station it was possible to find a lift all the way down to the taxis which are currently in the ground floor car park area so no problem with bags but only 10% of the station looked used and no airline check in working as yet.

Taxi out of Makkasan station to lower Suk is not as easy as it could be due to nutty congestion. Hopefully improved in time.

Archived