What happened to Single Entry Fee??

gawguy

The Thai Consulate L.A. website lists the Non-Immigrant Type O visa fee as $65 for Single Entry and $175 for Multiple.

I sent in my application for Single Entry as usual with $65. I just rec'd email from them requesting additional $110. On my "Application for Visa" form I wrote "1" in the blank for "Number of Entries Requested."

Has something changed or did he not see that? Seems like he would look at that before sending the email.. I'm perplexed and it's Fri night so I won't be able to to do anything until Monday, so I'm very curious.

Thanks..GG

• 1 month later...
I'm assuming the visa application form is the same in the USA as in the UK? Here you do not put the number of entries you either put "S" for single entry or "M" for multiple. It would appear that you putting a number rather through them out?

Simie.

I phoned the Los Angeles Thai Consulate and was told the Thai govt instructed them no to issue single entry visas. They didn't say if that was temporary or give any other info.

Has anyone gotten a single entry O lately?

GG

A few years ago a friend was having trouble with NYC. Since his mother lived in Tennessee, I told him to use her address and contact the consulate in Birmingham, Alabama. He got his visa no sweat! Seems the Birmingham consulate is in a floor tile company and doesn't do much business, maybe a couple of hundred visas a year. Always look for an obscure consulate. (Hull or Cardiff for the UK.)

Archived