1st miner just rescued in Chile

TroyinEwa/Perv

Some interesting side story to the ordeal about the wife and mistress. I want to qualify what I am about to say by saying I truly hope and pray that all goes well, everyone is out and safe. Were I one of the family members I'd be on pins and needles.

However...and you know there would be with me, I feel guilty when these tragedies or events of a similar nature are on the news 'ad nauseum' like CNN. Why? Because the news agencies, at least to me, seem to spend countless hours reporting it, even when there is nothing new to report.

Again, I sincerely do feel for the families. However, I get bored after a while. I also get the feeling the news agencies milk it. They don't have to do much. They can eat up tons of time, especially on a slow news day.

I saw a half hour of it and then I switched channels and came on the net to surf.

Am I a non feeling, cynical bastard? I feel guilty about it. Some events I was captivated by. 911 for example. I stayed on the Haiti earthquake story for a while and I feel badly for saying this but I got slightly bored with the reporting after a few days. The occasional story would come out and I would be interested but for a far less time than what most people seemed to be.

I'm an unsympathetic person it seems. I feel badly because I don't think I am usually.

Do you remember the awful TV coverage after JFK's assassination? Every network stopped regular programming and reported on nothing but the murder and funeral for at least two weeks! Finally, programming was allowed to return - and the Beatles happened to arrive just about the time it did. One reason America went so wild over the Beatles was because it was ready to welcome anybody pleasant after that horrible lengthy necrology. :(

For the better too,

Perv, I don't think your un normal, well, in regards to news, the rest your un normal, your just honest.

Nothing like watching a train wreck in slow motion!

I collected newspapers from Gulf war 1 - for the hypocrisy value. looking back they seem so inane.

Think about 911 for a moment, less than 4000 killed, yet how much freedom has the USA and the world lost protecting freedom? And how many people died from preventable disease same time?

The Brits had better way of presenting themselves after the London bombing, indeed all bombings, but Tony Blair let that side down. He should have embraced the stoic way UK has always responded.

Archived