Best area of Jakarta to stay, bars, etc.

lifesabeach

Thanks in advance....I will be in Jakarta soon for a couple of days...if someone were to ask where to stay in Bkk I'd say Sukumvit for the hotel and for fun, in Manila - Makati and EDSA for fun ...but how about Jakarta?...seems pretty spread out....I would like proximity to night fun, and from the reviews it appears I will be avoiding Bloc M, and checking out CJ's, Bats Tiga Pulah, etc...I'm a 40s guy not sure I will have the energy for discos that get hopping at 12...we'll see...but prefer high end women and 3/4 star hotels at 40-60 US...little hard to figure out where to book a room in Jakarta....any advice about general area or specific hotels? also, of course, recent bar information appreciated as well....ps...arriving by plane, leaving by train..Cheers

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

120$US for a hotel in Jakarta = 2010 prices?....nice expense account and/or pension you got.....found a reasonable place in the center of town near the main train station....one of the Ibis places 50US a night....now that is taken care of, where is the best place to spend all my newfound extra cash on a cutie?....me - 45, slightly jet lagged, don't really want to dance the night away hoping to get lucky

Just keep in mind that Jakarta traffic makes Bangkok look free-flowing. It is horrific. So where ever you go, it had better be close to your hotel or you're gonna spend all your time in a taxi.

And I'm with Exit: $120/night for a 5* in the capital city of a country is a bargain. That'd cost you $500 in the States, and you wouldn't have a disco loaded with freelancers in the basement.

....I would like proximity to night fun, and from the reviews it appears I will be avoiding Bloc M, and checking out CJ's, Bats Tiga Pulah, etc...

Avoiding Block M! Why?

Block M has the only significant concentration of bars (about 8). Not upmarket establishments but good fun. If I was visiting again Block M is exactly where I would stay. :up:

Archived