Day room near Swampy

radioman

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, was here on the 20th, spent most of a day at Silver Gold. Said when he booked they only had twin beds no double but not sure how it panned out. Spoke briefly with him as he was departing but only to have him wax lyrical about the Miss whoever he spent the day with. I'll get an update from him when he gets back on the ground, literally and figuratively.

Have a friend arriving in about a week. He wants a day room place so he can get with his teerak for a few hours. Near Swampy, not lower Suk, she's not that sort of gal! Any recommendations other than the stupidly priced Novotel?

Do you use the name Swampy pejoratively or affectionately?.

Suvarnabhumi Airport. The name Suvarnabhumi was chosen by HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej, which means "The Golden Land," which is the traditional name for the Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Burma region.

Pronounced "su-wan-na-poom" Not so difficult, if you try.

The airport's IATA code is BKK.

A little respect goes a long way.

Suvarnabhumi Airport. The name Suvarnabhumi was chosen by HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej, which means "The Golden Land," which is the traditional name for the Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Burma region.

humi = poom :dunno:

Looking at the word in English, I would pronounce it, su-var-nab-humi

Suvarnabhumi Airport. The name Suvarnabhumi was chosen by HM King Bhumibol Adulyadej' date=' which means "The Golden Land," which is the traditional name for the Thailand-Cambodia-Laos-Burma region.

A little respect goes a long way.[/quote']

humi = poom :dunno:

Looking at the word in English, I would pronounce it, su-var-nab-humi

That would be better then swampy.

I know everyone on this website uses swampy. Suvarnabhumi is the ancient word for Siam, which was, at one time made up of what is now Burma, Thailand, Laos and Cambodia, before colonization broke it up.

I've been seeing Swampy for years, on this forum, and find it offensive. This is the first and last time I opined about it. Call it whatever you wish.

Dude, you really need to get over yourself. The reason it is referred to as "Swampy" is that the area it is built in was formerly known as หนองงูเห่า (Nong Ngu Hao). That literally means Cobra Swamp.

And Swampy is just easier to spell.

Archived