Contest Quiz Time

Hugh_Hoy

Will go under the hood later tonight and run the replays!

Cheers!

You've been in Sam's a lot more than I have. But, if my addled brain is functioning at all, I recall that Cowboy 2 is across from Sheba's...and Sheba's is down a joint or two from Sam's. No?

I have another photo in the opposite direction that shows Cactus and Toy Bar taken from the same location. Those two are definitely across from Tilac...and the other photo is taken at an angle which would place the camera at Sam's. And Sam's was the only place I shot from.

Suggest that you try to locate the counter in the foreground of the contest picture and try to line it up and see what the story is.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's new verbiage on those replays now, PM. When the ref can't find any evidence to overturn it or it's just not clear, they say, "The call has been upheld". When they have clear video evidence, they use the verbiage of, "The call has been confirmed."

According to your call, you couldn't overturn it as you couldn't tell, is that correct???? :)

Call from the field was upheld!

Strange how you think you know something but actually you don't.

Cheers!

I feel vindicated. 55555555 :bow::bow::bow:

That last photo/question was really set up to separate the "chippy" from the "addict" as far as

"sluming it" goes. 55555555555 Most of the others were pretty easy.

Thanks to you and those who entered.

HH

You are correct. Also notice in the last pic, the railing on the bottom of the pic is such that that is the edge of a new bar. Sam's has no railings so the picture had to be taken at either Tilac or Sam's. I initially said Tilac but after further review, I changed my answer (which cost me first place, damn it!!) to

Sam's based on that railing because if it been Tilac, we would have seen no railing whatsoever.

Edit....forgot the whole reason of my post. Here is a shitty map of cowboy which kind of shows that CB2 is NOT directly across from Sams.

soicowboy2.gif

1. What is between Afterschool and Fanny's?

2. Picollo? That is the name of the new "Corner Bar"?

3. Some of the bars that are double width (Dollhouse for one) are not shown properly, but others like Tilac, Cowboy2, Spice Girls show an empty space next to them - would be clearer to show them as occupying both slots.

I think it is newer than some. It has "Rio" listed where some still show "Our Place". The empty spaces may just indicate that one of the bars is a double/triple bar. But as PM noted, would've been easy enough (I think) to show that. Noticably absent is Jungle Jim's. I think this map might be ok...just need some filling-in some gaps some way.

HH

Archived