RIP Barbara Billingsley

TroyinEwa/Perv

The Beaver's mom is dead. Long live the Beaver. Not sure any non-US types will know of her or not but I remember watching Leave it to Beaver when I was growing up. It was before my time but still was in syndication for me to see.

And the old joke........What's the raunchiest line ever said on tv in the 50's??

Ward, don't you think you were a little hard on the Beaver!!

That one still cracks me up.

Link

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Non-US types? Leave It to Beaver was sent everywhere around the world, in an early version of American "cultural" imperialism. :)

Ironically, the beaver's real life dad was a consular at my high school. Greg Mathers was his name, one of the nice consulars. (A couple were bungholes.)

I credit Leave it to Beaver and The Brady Bunch as really giving me a fucked up idea of "real American family life." We didn't know people like this, the idea that it was really the norm at the time really fucked our little heads up, and lowered our self esteem. I heard the Cosby show sort of did the same to some black kids...

I'd love to see a real life portrayal of a REAL typical American family...closet thing might have been married with Children.

Archived