Permit to stay for Filipina wife

haam sup

Hoping someone has experience with similar issue:

I am American, over 50, with a non-immigrant, multiple-entry O-A (longstay) visa, issued in the US. I will marry a Filipina in the Philippines, and would like to get her permission to stay in Thailand, based on dependent status.

I do not want to convert my visa to 'permission to stay' for the next two years.

So far, it looks like we will have to travel to a Thai Enbassy in some country (other than Philippines, where they are notoriously hostile to visa applicants), obtain a non-O visa for her, and then go to Immigration in Thailand to apply for her permission to stay.

Does anyone know:

1) the most likely Embassy to grant her a non-O, based on our marriage, and what documents we might need?

2) is this plan feasable, i.e., can I retain my O-A visa, and get her a permission to stay tied to it?

Thanks in advance,

hs

The O-A is a retirement visa and should have no effect on the visa your wife gets or any effect to you.

I have a friend here in BKK that was on a Thai marriage visa and got fed up with the stupidity to

keep the marriage visa (pictures of his family on the sofa, etc) and went on to get the O-A retirement visa.

I am American ad have always been told that to obtain the O visa (which I now have) you must return to your home country.

However, it may have changed. I just renewed my O visa in Dallas, April 2010.

Archived