Macbook Air

Coss

:beer:

I tell you what, in a typical gesture of hypocrisy I was looking at these today at the Apple store in Pasadena (off sick from work).

Didn't realize you could get it with the solid state drive. And if it wasn't like almost 1k extra just for that, might've gotten one.

Earlier in this thread mentioned a Macbook Pro with Final Cut. I picked that up in 06 and registered for a Final Cut class at UCLA. Was excited about it.

At that time there was a woman staying with me who I had a difficult relationship with. Long story. Anyway, I lent that laptop to her -- didn't realize at the time I wouldn't get it back for two years. Now it sits on a bottom shelf. Won't run properly. And the money spent on Final Cut down the drain and the class dropped. Which is my fault, nobody elses.

But it's kinda false representation for me to have thrown that out there (prior) without really using it.

Anyway - yeah. New laptop. What to do... it won't be an Air, but if I was looking for a light travel machine that would be a candidate.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:beer:

Didn't realize you could get it with the solid state drive. And if it wasn't like almost 1k extra just for that, might've gotten one.

quote]

Dave

You must have been scoping out the otigional 2008 Air, the late 2010 3.1 release are all SSD.

I treated myself to a 13" 256 one last week and I am well impressed by it. In my work I am always in front of a computer screen and I find the Air easier to take to multiple locations than my Laptop or Netbook.

Sure they are expensive for what you get, but they sure turn heads. Sat in meetings and some poor corporate slave pulls out his 3.5KG Dell or HP from his bag and I slide the Air onto the table, advantage already.

If I was an individual spending my own monies I doubt I would have purchased one, but putting it through my company is a differant matter.

Too long in Asia and "Face"

I have had one for a few months and it works great, a little pricey but it does look stylish ... I have been trying to find a light weight bag, with a long shoulder strap, so i can resemble some university laid back dude rather than some old fart, but me and fashion, not good bed fellows :beer:

click it :)

features_thunderbolt_icon20110224.jpg

Usually I am involved in all PC purchases at our office, but two weeks ago my boss decided that she needs a new Macbook Pro. I guess that this was the worst timing possible to buy new Mac hardware. Now the new MacBooks are out with double speed, but for the same price. :doah:

Archived