Notstickmanbangkok

gsoutien

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any ideas where Gant disappeared to?

He has traded in South-East Asia for North Asia...

North Asia?

In Japan you'll need a really good business plan, living is very expensive and you'll need to speak the language.

I don't know about Korea, but I presume that it's almost the same.

Northern China? Or maybe Mongolia? But I guess he should go to a monastery in Tibet.

:content:

Actually sorry expat the mercenary was I, and yes it was the browning, but this time it was the ma deuce or the M2 as some might know it as.

I won't agree that the article was well written at all. I don't mind the repetitive spelling errors or even the poor grammar (hang on isn't he meant to be an English teacher?); what I mind about most was he forgot to mention how we put the war paint on, then set up the claymores, fixed bayonets and stormed the house after using rpg's whilst our lookouts monitored things with Winchester model 70's and an antiquated M1 Garand.

And for all those guys whom don't have a sense of humour - I'm as glad as anyone that the creepy git has gone. I just wish it wasn't played out so publicly. Tars us all with the same brush if you get the jist of what I'm getting at.

And I don't mind Stick either - he's just trying to earn that crust like anyone else, I've changed my mind about him. I've started to read his weekly blog like someone watching a road accident in slow motion as he comes slowly off the boil. Like most Kiwis he prefers to do it in other people's countries (not an unkind comment - just a general observation - I've actually got a lot of time for Kiwis).

My shrewd guess is that he'll ramp up these 'controversial' posts leading up to his departure from Thailand. He'll run things from abroad whilst making himself bulletproof by refurbishing the website - he's as cunning as a shithouse rat. He won't go too far - because he wants no problem entering again.

His idea of a 'good' business idea gave me a chill. Keeping a database of Thai women's paramours, well that's just evil intent IMHO with absolutely no respect for basic human rights.

Now that I think about it I don't like the pair of them - they're both bams as far as I'm concerned.

It's the teacher in me. I thought better of it as soon as I did, since I'm not paid to correct English here.

<< For your edification a pronoun is the object of a verb. >>

Gee, I didn't know that. I thought a pronoun was a word that took the place of a noun. :D

"And for all those guys whom don't have a sense of humour..."

So what verb is whom the object of? :hmmm:

p.s. For your edification I make my living by teaching writing and have also been a full time editor. And I don't recall a single time I have seen whom used correctly on this board. :D

Archived