Need to rent a baby. (Not for that you sick fucks!)

TheCorinthian

Take your girlfriend for a visit to an orphanage. Might calm her down. :up:

Nothing calms them down when they get like this. The shit filled diapers, the crying/keeping you awake, money/attention sucking are all problems when it is another person's kid to a woman "...it will be different when it is our baby..." yeah right. This means YOU will have to also help change it, clean it feed it etc...whether you want to or not! Kids, no thanks.

Passing through,

A coworker of mine recently took his first trip to Thailand. He had been emailing a girl there...while still married here...long story short, he went, married the Thai girl, is divorcing his wife here, and planning to bring the TG here.

Now, here is the deal the divorce is all screwed up, wife didn't disclose investments, has tax problems, there is a lean on the house and other assets, his pension is next to nothing, oh and he is 60+ Plans to live a few months in Sweden, a few in USA and a few in Thailand...and the fool sees no problem in the TG (1/2 his age) having a baby, no idea how he'll pay for it, but what the hell if it makes her happy...?

Having kids at an older age is just plain irresponsible. It isn't good for the kid to have an old dad, and it probably isn't a good idea when you consider all factors involved, mainly, are you gonna last long enough to see this kid through to adulthood?

I'm 48, if I fired out a kid now, I'd be 49 when the kid is born, assuming I lived long enough to see the kid through Uni (which I couldn't afford) I'd be 72-73...which means I'd still be working my ass off (assuming I still could) until then, and probably not have a whole lot saved for retirement.

In short after a certain age, I just don't think it is a good idea to have kids. Of course, I never felt the drive to make a "mini me," some guys do. I am reminded of an ex coworker of mine, macho sort, had 4 daughters, and still wanted to have a son why? "...so I can teach him to be a man..." WTF? The guy was an asshole, the last thing we need is another one of him walking around...kids, "just say no."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think these things are always planned OH? Most kids just happen.

There are ways to lower the risks of this happening. The idea that it "just happens" is the result of not being careful that it doesn't. But if you are happy with kids, good for you, to each their own.

I am end 40 as well, and I have nothing against having a baby - with the right women. :content:

Well good if that is what you want.

True. I don't like talking about my personal life on the board but what the heck. Basically I was living with a woman (Western) who got pregnant 30 years ago...it was a shock but we decided to go with it. 4 years later another one came along. Neither of us wanted to get married and still don't. I was working in the gulf and going to Thailand for R&R. Leading two lives really but doing my share of raising the kids. Then came the mid-life crisis that lasted a few years. I was forgiven. My daughter has since produced 2 of her own. I consider myself lucky. Each to his own. Hope this doesn't sound preachy.

Hi OH, Well I'm not even sure about my bullets being good or not. :confused:

Right now we are currently supporting a nephew in the family in LOS.

Long story. Things have hit the fan about his mom. not direct family. I would rather try and bring him here to the states and try for a better life for him.

As for us having kids well I'll just see what narure brings.My mom's parents had her late in life. Only child.

But I do understand your point. I want to be able to slow down with my work in another 10 years.

With a child it might mean me working untill I'm 70 just to get them through school and such. :doah:

I had a neighbour a few years ago - guy in his mid 60s, PhD teaching in Japan - whose late 30s GF surprised him with a daughter. His immediate reaction was, "How the hell am I going to explain this to my grown children?" She was supposed to be on the pill, but quit without telling him. He didn't marry the gal, but he built her a house in barn nawk and supports her and his kid. Fortunately, he can afford to. I have enough trouble just supporting myself. :p

Archived